VMWare Workstation 7.1 Installer = 570 MB
VMWare Workstation 7.1 = 1.06 GB
Virtual Machine = Usually 30+ GB
-VMWare Workstation 7.1 (
[Please register or sign in your GameKiller account to view this link.
If you do not have an account, click here to register
-Operating System Disc (Disc that comes with your computer when you bought it. Press the spoiler button below this to see some pictures of some.)
-A fast computer with a lot of memory (recommended)
1. Make sure you have the requirements. (Download VMWare Workstation, Find your Operating System Disc)
2. Install VMWare Workstation with the installer if you haven't done so already
3. Double click VMware Workstation (may take a couple of minutes for it to load)
Should look like this after you've opened it:
4. Press "Next"
5. Press the "Typical" button that has a blue border in the picture:
6. Choose the location you want to save it at ( I suggest you leave it as is) then press "Next"
7. Uncheck "Check for product updates on startup" then press "Next
8. Uncheck "Help improve VMWare Workstation" then press "Next"
9. Uncheck/check the ones you want, but I'm going to uncheck "Start Menu Programs folder" & Quick Launch Toolbar. After you've done that, press "Next"
10. Press "Next"
Then it should look like:
11. After the installation, press "Restart now"
12. Once you've finished restarting, the icon should look like this:
13. Once you've opened it, it will look like(I recommend running it as administrator to prevent problems) :
14. Press "New virtual machine" which has 3 blue boxes that are sort of stuck together, it should now show you this:
Select "Custom (advanced)" and press "Next"
15. Select Workstation 6.5-7.x at the "Hardware compatibility" and press "Next"
16. Remember that Operating System Disc? Once you've got to the window as seen in the picture below, select "installer disc" option which is the top one then insert your disc into your computer. Once it says the disc has been detected, press "Next"
17. Place the name , mine will be "ZellGK", place a password if you want, and leave "Confirm" textbox blank. Copy one of the following keys into the "Windows Product "
Then Press "Next"
18. Put any name you want in "Virutal machine name:", I recommend leaving the default location it already has given.
19. Press "Next"
20. Move the arrow on the left or enter the amount of memory for the virutal machine, you can choose.
After that, press "Next"
21. Select "Use network address translation (NAT)" and press "Next"
22. Select "LSI Logic" then press "Next"
23. Select "Create a new virtual disk"
Then press "Next"
24. Select "SCSI"
Then press "Next"
25. Select "Store virtual disk as a single file" and put in the Maximum disk size amount you want, default is 40 which is fine. I accidently put 70 so that's why 70 is there
26. Click "Next"
27. You can click "Customize hardware" if you want to edit some stuff. For now, uncheck "power on this virtual machine after creation so I can show you how to turn it on manually later on
28. Select the Virtual Machine you created, mine is "Virtual_Machine_1" at the left, click it only once.
Then press "Power on this virtual machine" in the "command" box near the center of VMware Workstation to turn it on
29. While it's loading, it should look like this sort of, depends on your Operating system and Disc
There might be some more things you have to do afterward, but it's self explanatory and easy to do on your own.