A NON MAPLESTORY THREAD ABOUT LIFE - OLDFAGS ONLY

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat & Community Discussion' started by Kiwi, Jan 3, 2019.

1. NHK

NHK United States Game Killer

Stats
    I was actually not doing too well. I had to edit this shit so many times, I wrote a fucking essay. I shortened it to a list instead. Also, don't recognize most people here but to the older oldfags: after school, a lot can happen but things kind of work itself out so just hang in there and keep your eyes open. Just don't stop moving. Mero, I'm so glad you're okay man, that accident looks bad. Also kind of cool that your sig kind of became a list for us oldfags to reunite, did you know that would happen when you made it so many years ago?

pretty much tl;dr school - life plan going smoothly - quit - an abortion - therapy for depression and substance abuse - new job - free moneys - house - find soulmate while traveling 2 months every year - have side businesses with my day job - might go make my side business full time - might move to a different country to be with the person i met - oh yeah i paint and tattoo

If you suffer from depression reach out. Also, GK and spamzilla crew I thought of you guys as a family even through the jokes and teasing. Sorry to those that were the butt of the joke back in the day. I was young and mean, I would kick my younger self in the throat. Reach out to me if you guys need someone to talk to. I'd be more than willing to listen.

For the actual oldfags (you know who you are), gimme your discord or something.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2019
    MrGrin, Nietzsche, mero and 1 other person like this.

Mr. Ad Advertisement

2. Kiwi

Kiwi United States

Stats
    Would have preferred the essay version, I don't know what half these words mean.
    You have a girlfriend in a different country? Is that what your 'rock' is?
    What is 'trying to kek myself'?
    What are 'slaps'?

3. NHK

NHK United States Game Killer

Stats
    The essay version was too long.

A rock is basically someone that holds you down.
    Kek myself, refers to suicide.
    Slaps are graphic vinyl banners for cars, you know like stickers for cars?
    b2b- business to business sales

Yeah I have a girlfriend in a different country. I'm planning to move there soon -- within 6 months. I technically can retire right now so it's doable, just not ideal. But I mean, I think she's worth it?

Last edited: Jul 23, 2019
  4. mero

mero United States ▌● ▬ ●▐

Stats
    Honestly, I was just feeling lovey and typography was trendy lol. I wish I could have added even more people tbh. It is a bit of a bittersweet feeling whenever I look at it. I didn't really know what kind of person I wanted to be and I credit a lot of you for keeping me grounded. It sometimes feels surreal that I could feel nothing but love for people that I've never even met. They helped me develop hobbies and skills. They would message me just to say hi or give a random compliment. This community was such a refreshing contrast to my stagnant homelife.

+1 to reaching out. I was put on Effexor a few months ago after struggling with anxiety and panic attacks. After my accident, I remember not being able to control my breathing and having 3 EMTs working to get me under control. I wish I could thank the EMT for telling me to seek help. After years of stubbornness, I've finally been given a fighting chance at rebuilding my confidence. Life is good.

Congratulations on turning things around, NHK. I hope everything work out for you.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2019
    Kiwi likes this.
  5. DeadCode

DeadCode Canada Nos omnes et in hoc saecu

Stats
    @Kiwi

Contact me, I am working for an e-commerce Guru. He seels training for starting an e-commerce site for like 30k $. I'll send it all to you for free. My name on discord is [REDACTED]

Last edited: Sep 11, 2019 at 10:58 PM
  6. Kiwi

Kiwi United States

Stats
    Cool, so what country are you moving to? You can retire already? HOW? How did you make your money? Very interested in your story.

7. Kiwi

Kiwi United States

Stats
    I'm still pissed im not in that graphic.... I deserve to be there

8. Kiwi

Kiwi United States

Stats
    I added you!

DeadCode likes this.
  9. MadPrinny

MadPrinny United States über Hacker

Stats
    Only newfags use oldfag. Nobody probably remembers me, I was very active then went dark for a very long period of time. I've lurked from time to time, considering I've stopped playing MapleStory I've only really came around to lurk on Off-Topic, I'm 25 now, and I've done nothing with my life. I'm basically a shut in neet. I collect disability due to major depression, and have attempted suicide and failing not just once, but twice. Been alone for years now, but I don't exactly care anymore. Now here I am lonely, depressed, in a smokey dark room wondering if I can ever recover. I'm no more then a person in a crowd that you guys have passed by, being an acquaintance to you guys would be way too much. Simply just a passerby who cares for some odd reason.....

Last edited: Aug 4, 2019
  10. Raymond

Raymond United States Game Killer

Stats
    Is the Vegas trip still happening? Kinda broke right now Just got a raise though so ill save up for it. Trying to pay off debt so I can buy a house next summer. Hard to believe Im 22 now I met you guys I was like 11.

11. Kiwi

Kiwi United States

Stats
    Its not happening this year at least. No one really wanted to come.

12. Qybah

Qybah Belgium MIA until September 25 SMOD Premium

Stats
    Come to Europe and I’m down :emoji_eyes:

13. Kiwi

Kiwi United States

Stats
    Bitch I'm always in Holland.

14. [TGKC] SeanWithACapitalS

[TGKC] SeanWithACapitalS Canada Ayy lmao

Stats
    I used to think most of "the men" usergroup were dicks. Yet again I was a dick to quite a few people and was very immature at times.

I remember you not being a dick to me and having a few good conversations on MSN. Specifically because I think we were both in STEM at the time?

I'm glad things are going well with you ( I assume from you're tl;Dr).

Anywho if you'd like my discord I'd be more than willing to post it later. I'm phone posting right now only really use it on my laptop.

Nietzsche likes this.
  15. Reus

Reus Australia Game Killer

Stats
    i wish you genuine happiness. godspeed, brother

16. mouser2940

mouser2940 Australia Fanatic Hacker

Stats
    Shes not worth it bro, trust me.