Dell Inspiron 11 Touch Screen Netbook

Discussion in 'PC Support' started by OFWGKTA, Jun 4, 2015.

1. OFWGKTA

OFWGKTA United States Maester

Stats
    As the title says, I recently purchased a Dell Inspiron 11 Touch Screen Netbook from my college's store. Brand new out of the box, and it's running extremely slow. There we will be times where it's a decently fast computer for what I'm trying to do, and other times while I'm doing something as simply browsing the internet it runs extremely slow. I've tried just about everything I could think of, including doing a system restore, uninstalling any programs I don't use, running various ant-virus checks, and so forth. I'm at a loss, other than spending money and taking it into Best Buy to GeekSquad for them to check out.

Mr. Ad Advertisement

2. Sather

Sather Canada Game Assassin

Stats
    Replace the harddrive with an ssd. That's all I can really say if you've done all those steps you listed. I did a quick google search and it tells me that your laptop comes with a 5400 rpm hdd. That's is ancient slow compared to ssds. I've added an ssd to my old 2009 laptop and it runs reasonably fast now compared to the new stuff in the market.