I'm running windows 7 64 bit

Discussion in 'PC Support' started by kidk13, Jan 5, 2014.

1. kidk13

kidk13 United States Elite Hacker

Stats
    I have never ever touched the hibernate button since day 1 with this computer.. and i never turn it off.. Unless I kinda have to..

Maybe i just take really bad care of this thing... But it runs pretty well and fast when browsing the web :/

- - - Updated - - -

I'm only interested in buying

Mr. Ad Advertisement

2. Nietzsche

Nietzsche United States Боже, форум храни!

Stats
    Well then, OP faces multiple problems here...

Let's assume, for a moment, that the sheer processing power of the 775 chip isn't the problem. Let's say that it's the RAM.
    Let's say kidk13 goes out and buys an 8gb kit of RAM and slaps it in. That's probably $60. However, that helped to alleviate one bottleneck, and now he can run 4 Elsworlds as opposed to 3.
    Let's assume that he goes out and buys a graphics card. He goes and gets a Radeon HD 6670 for $70. He's now $130 and can finally run 5 or 6 Elsworlds.
    However, if he hits CPU bottlenecks now, then things start to get a little dicey...

The solution is either $60, $130 (or $80, since dedicated graphics memory will help to alleviate what's on the RAM), or much more expensive. It really just depends on how much money OP would want to throw in the hole. And the real answer would require more clarification over what exactly "shitting itself" means.

3. kidk13

Stats
    Really I don't know if buying or building is better. I just wanna upgrade.

- - - Updated - - -

By "shitting on itself" I mean it overloading and basically just ... shutting down and restarting..

4. DougieWuggie

DougieWuggie United States Prominent Hacker

Stats
    I've made it clear twice. Building is always better than buying. No matter what kind of "deal" you think you're getting by buying one.

5. kidk13

Stats
    Its obvious I need a new computer. Could I just edit this one Like buying new parts for it and putting them in?

Maybe like a list of things I need? That I don't already have.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean because I know jack nothing about how to build a computer... Do I buy the parts and take it to someone and pay them to put it together for me? or??

6. Nietzsche

Stats
    Wouldn't be a graphics card then ;)
    I personally like the phrase "graphics solution." If OP didn't have a graphics solution, things would be weird. However, OP doesn't havea graphics card.

- - - Updated - - -

That is probably a memory violation error then, which means that your RAM is the limiting factor...
    all assuming that I'm interpreting your statement correctly.

7. AdKuro

AdKuro Game Killer

Stats
    Not everyone is tech savvy man.

No, changing parts out in that computer isn't worth it.
    If you're in the US I could build a computer for your and ship it out to you, But obviously you'd have to cover the price for the computer and the shipping to your house.
    You can get a ton more performance out of a computer that's built, because it's so much cheaper.
    Up to you though, pm me if you're interested.

8. Nietzsche

Stats
    He can probably do everything he's asking for with an Intel NUC and a 16 gigabyte MicroDIMM kit :P

9. DougieWuggie

Stats
    It's not difficult to build a computer, provided you have the parts. Yes you buy the parts, no you don't pay someone to build it for you. That's essentially just buying a PC.

- - - Updated - - -

Considering I had already made it clear twice, that's irrelevant.

OP: Before you make a decision on building or buying, ask someone in your family if they'd be willing to help you if you bought the parts. If not, I redact my recommendation.

10. kidk13

Stats
    I'm not really 1 for waiting. 2 months ago I bought a customized webcam from hong kong... took over 2 months to get here.. I hated life within that time frame.. Thanks for the offer though. I'm just looking for something within that time.. Someone should really like walk up to me and sell me a computer -.- .. lucky bastard ass friend >.>

Alright so.. This didn't make to much progress. All I can really do is build a new computer?

11. DougieWuggie

Stats
    What progress did you expect, honestly? You simply just have an outdated PC. You're now aware of your problem and have solutions. That's progress. ;)

12. AdKuro

AdKuro Game Killer

Stats
    To add to this, if someone says they're going to help you make sure they're somewhat tech savvy.

13. kidk13

Stats
    True.. Thanks for everybody who explained it to me. seems now i have to figure out were to get all the parts.. BTW can i just take everything out of this computer like EVERYTHING and then use that to rebuild? lol

14. AdKuro

AdKuro Game Killer

Stats
    Ship the parts to me, I put it together in one day install the necessary files and then ship it out to you the next, one month max.
    But up to you.

I guess your best bet is one of those ibuypower computers. I've never bought a computer but i guess as shitty as buying a computer is that'd probably be a decent start.

15. DougieWuggie

Stats
    Newegg.com

No, you're going to have to buy a new case.

16. Nietzsche

Stats

It's a pretty good guide. There's really nothing magic about it. It's just putting stuff where it belongs and attaching cables.

- - - Updated - - -

Excuse me, but what the fuck is wrong with you? You know better than that. Shame on you. :colbert:

- - - Updated - - -

Okay, we're getting a little ahead of ourselves here:

What exactly do you plan on doing with the computer? What do you want to be able to do?
    Give us your highest expectations of the computer here.

17. kidk13

Stats
    If your referring to me. There's 3 ultimate things I want to do.

-browse the web at a normal acceptable speed.

-Be able to play league of legends or a high fps game with a fps that ISN'T 20- (yeah.. I go through that, The struggle is real) -_-...

(Every game i play NOW I have to leave it at it's lowest level on graphics to get a decent picture of what i'm playing.)

-And lastly, I want to be able to start windows without it eating my physical memory by like 60%

That's my dream computer.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2014
  18. AdKuro

AdKuro Game Killer

Stats
    Here's a computer build I did for a friend. Good parts, in your price range.
    It has a list of the parts, and where you can buy them at their current cheapest price.

19. Nietzsche

Stats
    I have a few complaints about that right off the bat...
    -K series processor
    -That's a very high wattage PSU for not a lot of hardware. 80+ certification only applies if draw is >20%
    -I'm not sure how I feel about that motherboard
    -Really need a wi-fi adapter?

Then again, you said this was for a friend, and I don't know the circumstance, and I know that you aren't recommending this to kidk13 as-is :whistle:

20. AdKuro

AdKuro Game Killer

Stats
    Yea i know what you mean about some of the parts, my friend chose most the parts, he wants to Crossfire and OC so I guess that can somewhat justify the PSU still might be too much.
    I didn't edit the parts list really to accommodate OP's needs.
    I'm pretty sure OP will need a wi-fi adapter. Most people do, it's a cheap card and is convenient to have.
    I don't think that's the mobo my friend used, don't know why it's there, his was a blue asus, that ones black and gold, weird.

The build i gave is a start, rip it apart and recommend stuff for OP.