Is Elsword dying?

Discussion in 'ELSWORD Online' started by tigerclaire26, Apr 27, 2017.

Discuss Is Elsword dying? in the ELSWORD Online area at GameKiller.net

1. tigerclaire26

tigerclaire26 Philippines Informed Hacker

Stats
    I rarely see the servers getting busy anymore. and there are much less people this last months. it feels like I want to quit.

Name689point and Elswor like this.

Mr. Ad Advertisement

2. mrpurplebean

mrpurplebean United States Lurker

Stats
    I'm heading there myself, been playing Elsword since 2012 it's just plain to me now.

3. Jenova134

Jenova134 Eater of Planets

Stats
    It's either alive or dead. No in-between. Once it dies, then we will know.

4. DisruptG

DisruptG Lurker

Stats
    Its not dead

ppl just quitting left and right

f el shit

5. Fenyx

Fenyx United States The New Guy

Stats
    no fuckin shit

it dying because of void and closers

6. zachary12012

zachary12012 United States The New Guy

Stats
    It's gonna take a very long time for the game to die. Many old players like me are quitting but at the same time newbies are filling in the holes. With the newbies lack of knowledge regarding season 1 and the old elsword days, they really don't see the game the way we old players do and thereforth they forgive the game more often then we do.

Elsword has too much bad than good. Overpriced outfit pieces, very bad balancing issues that can put many competetive fighting games to shame, an awful and useless magic wardrobe system many was anticipating, no competetive play to win system (as in a mode where gear doesn't matter, aka heroic pvp), and events that try really hard to help newbies yet we still have problems anyways. The only fun part is playing it for the first time and reaching a relatively high level. The repetition starts to get boring and a laggy pvp match can ruin the day altogether.

Does anyone remember the luciel release where literally almost every server was busy (a few even being full)? I doubt such a thing will ever happen again.

7. Elswor

Elswor United States The New Guy

Stats
    True, those were the good old days with the release of new Add classes/ Ara's , and Elesis's dark paths. The only good thing about Elsword now is that, there aren't so many toxic players.

8. DeathBlower0

DeathBlower0 The New Guy

Stats
    Doesn't that mean it's dying?! If their quitting left and right, people are getting more bored. Which makes more people wanna quit.

9. zachary12012

Stats
    That is true, but you have to consider something very important for MMO's to grow (and in elswords case, to stay alive), newbies.

Plenty of old players are quitting because how all the bull$%#@ elsword has been getting lately. However even if thats the case, the newbies will always be filling in the holes of the old (and if not sometimes new) players that leave the game. If it wasn't for the newbies and the old players that are still there this game would have been died out.

Like any game in general, most old people stay in the game because of friends, guilds, and even popularity like being top 10 in PvE/PvP or just having a youtube channel dedicated to such a game. Elsword ISN'T a dying game, it's a decaying game. It is definetly dying out but it is taking a very long time to do so, like a disease or virus of some sort. If Elsword is gonna stay alive then it's gonna need to pull out something that will make players come back.
    But more likely or not it is just gonna backfire (like how some of the old players who just came back left because of a crappy magic wardrobe system).

10. DeathBlower0

DeathBlower0 The New Guy

Stats
    Yes, but since this game is considered to be a cancerous game some people who are "Returning/Old/OG" players are returning, they are mean to the newbies and the newbies don't like the aspect of the game. I agree with how this game is like a "disease" but all MMOs are bound to die soon.

11. zachary12012

Stats
    I can agree to that, Old players are mean to the newbies because of how easy they got it. It happens to plenty of MMos that start cattering to newbies. However their reasonings for hating the newbies aren't always wrong.

Some or even most newbies crap talk about how easy the game is or how infinites are effortless. They sometimes complain about things that have been in the game for a very long time (seriously, what's the point of complaining about gear if that is how KoG makes money next to costumes). It's a simple fact yet we still have newbies being butthurt when they lose to a tactic or skill that has been used for a very long time now. An example being ara's X and ^x loop. it looks boring and it sucks to watch, but in the end it feeds the opponent less mana and stalls for cooldown time.

Last thing I wanna in terms of newbies is how they are when it comes to PvE. Yes I get it, solace and the last few dungeons are bullcrap. Sure you can practice it enough to learn the patterns and easily clear it with a +8 or even +7 without dying but the old players will make it look easy with the strong gear they have. I don't blame newbies for trying to adapt yet the "pros" are having +10s and over and they barely have to worry about getting hit.

but compared to the other MMO's I've played. Elsword is the very first thing that pops up in terms of balance issues. I can't say i have playde a lot of them, but this game is the only thing i think of in terms of HUGE issues in terms of balance and gear. I do feel bad for newbies that can barely get +7s. Some even quit right when a +9 event is released.

12. kazuki

kazuki Philippines Lurker

Stats
    XD i request to open the GrandChase once again hahahaha :grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grin::innocent:

13. Trance333

Trance333 United States Informed Hacker

Stats
    Yeahhhhhhhhhhh.

14. Zurexxx

Zurexxx Germany Lurker

Stats
    Yes Elsword Dead

15. loldonkey1

loldonkey1 Australia Premium Premium

Stats
    Anyone remember fists of fu before elsword came to the west? That game was the shit

16. Lsupersaiyan

Lsupersaiyan United States The New Guy

Stats
    game is basically dead at the moment.

Trance333 likes this.