Is it possible to setup a private server of the latest version of MS?

Discussion in 'Programming & Reversing Discussion' started by NexonCo, Apr 13, 2018.

Discuss Is it possible to setup a private server of the latest version of MS? in the Programming & Reversing Discussion area at GameKiller.net

1. NexonCo

NexonCo United States Verified Seller Premium

Stats
    Edit:Answered

Last edited: Apr 13, 2018

Mr. Ad Advertisement

2. Tave

Tave United States Premium Premium

Stats
    There's nothing publicly available up to date, most people that make more recent version have updated from previous versions. I think the highest one is like 145 or something of that sort. People charge upwards of $1000+ for their source or assistance, but there are guides to updating, I personally wish someone would open a current version server to the public for those reasons tbh. I've been wanting something I can test classes on. Best of luck on your project.

3. NexonCo

Stats
    Thanks for the info. Setting up servers for PreBB was so easy, I wonder what changed. I just want to test a few classes without having to invest a lot of time.

4. Tave

Tave United States Premium Premium

Stats
    Nexon actually changed a lot in order to prevent private servers, although it didn't completely stop them, it did put a massive halt. They went from every server being up to date to there were three, then two shut down. It's a bunch of stuff in how the files act and such iirc. I have a friend that just opened a more recent version server and it took him like two years of work to get to the point where he's at, and it still needs things done. It's extremely time consuming, it's definitely not something you're going to just have done in 10 minutes. Getting potentials to work and act properly, superior items to enhance correctly, nodestones to act correctly, jobs working, all that takes a LOT of work,

I've helped a few people grab shit from GMS to make fixes on their servers.... it's really annoying. Unfortunately, the only way this would work how you want it to is if AriesMs just handed you all their files and said "here, use these to test classes", otherwise you're looking at 24/7/365 worth of work coding and fixing things to get the things implemented that you want. >.< I've looked in to this. It REALLY sucks.... Unless you have an entire coding team working together perfectly, it'll take forever.

5. NexonCo

Stats
    Damn that’s insane. Thanks again for the info.