Macbook Grey Screen

Discussion in 'PC Support' started by XeroDrive, Jan 11, 2014.

1. XeroDrive

XeroDrive Banned banned

Stats
    I have a macbook air, the partition i had on there was deleted. Now all i have is a grey screen, how do i get a new os on it? only have windows computers and SSD is locked

Mr. Ad Advertisement

2. satanity

satanity Fanatic Hacker

Stats
    You deleted the OS on the hard drive? You need to plug in your USB CD drive, insert the OS X CD you have - then boot the computer up. As soon as you hit the power button, hold down "ALT", and it will boot into the possible boot options. The hard drive may or may not be there, but you should hear your USB CD drive start to kick in. The CD will appear on the screen. Select it. Then, it will boot into OS X installation. You should probably click English > then go into Utilities at the top and click Disk Utility and format the drive you want OS X on to Mac OS X Extended (Journaled). That will make sure the partition is completely ready for installation. Exit out of disk utility, then continue the on screen instructions and install OS X.

Make sure you also have your applications disk as well, because you will not have apps such as Photo Booth and whatever, only the OS.