MapleStory 2 XML Editing - Instant gathering, mount speed & more

Discussion in 'MapleStory 2 Global & Europe Hacks, Cheats & Bots' started by pizzapizza1337, Jan 4, 2019.

Discuss MapleStory 2 XML Editing - Instant gathering, mount speed & more in the MapleStory 2 Global & Europe Hacks, Cheats & Bots area at GameKiller.net

1. pizzapizza1337

pizzapizza1337 United States Lurker

Stats
    Guide to XML Editing in MS2

Introduction:
    Hello. Random lurker here. I was never really into using applications and "hacking" with the use of tools. I never really got into coding or learning language etc etc. I played GunZ the Duel a lot back in the day when .mrs file editing was huge and the same concepts applied here thanks to . I decided I would put this out when I quit MS2 for my own personal reasons (you can guess). I doubt this will be patched and I hope more people will find nifty things to do with these .xml files. I was inspired by the 4-man dungeon meter guides, so shoutouts to user "kfme".

Preface:
    I won't show you how to use MS2Tools. There's already guides here on how to do it. Instead, we'll dive into the files themselves. Also, remember: there's two things to keep in mind. Server-sided stuff and client-sided stuff. This will edit client-sided information. I already tried stupid shit like selling common items for 99,999 mesos and it doesn't work lmao. Instead, I'll show you two really helpful edits that became a QoL for me: Instant gathering/crafting and mount speed. Also, you probably want to use Notepad++ instead of Notepad for obvious reasons. Also, you'll have to do this every time MS2 updates so you probably want to keep track of everything you edit if you decide to go deep into this (thus is why the 4-man dungeon meter needs to be updated with a new thread every patch).

Instant gathering/crafting:
    This will allow you to instantly gather all life skills. The issue is with the cooking and handicraft mats is that it'll gather instantly, but the mats won't reset instantly themselves. I haven't personally care enough to dig deep to find out why. Mining and foraging is instant and a ~10min chore becomes a ~2min chore.

1. After extracting Xml.m2d, head over to the location path of the .xml files and find the "table" folder.

[​IMG]
    2. Find interactobject_mastery.xml and open it in Notepad++. It'll look weird, but it'll make sense soon.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. See "resetTime="1000"" and "reactTime="767""? We're just gonna edit all these values to "5" (or 1, idk, I don't test these often). With Notepad++, this is simple. CTRL+F and click the Replace tab. Change all resetTime="1000" values to 5 and the same with reactTime="767".

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Same for reactTime="767". You'll now see:

[​IMG]

4. Don't forget to save your work when you're done! (Also, definitely create backups, idk, probably too late by now, but whatever).
    [​IMG]
    As an added bonus, you can do the same with all interact-able objects with a specific time to activate it. ie. chests and even chests in the PvP zones (be nice and share treva though! jk, do you.)
    5. Next, head to "constants.xml" in the same folder. Lots of neat stuff in here. Same thing. Same value. Not sure what "breed" is though. Change it anyway. Yolo.
    [​IMG]

6. Same idea for crafting. Find "masteryreceipe.xml". Change gatheringTime=1000 to around ~300. We can assume that 1000 is 1 second. I tested a number of values and I'm not sure if its my computer or the game, but crafting too fast can lead to skipping crafted items. Its not bad, but its kinda annoying after a while. ~300 or more is a sweet spot.
    [​IMG]
    7. Done. I'm honestly too lazy to post proof, but I'll get around to it if enough people request. Don't forget to put it back together via cmd prompt. MS2Create.exe "C:\yadayadayada"

Mount Speed:
    This will allow you to move faster on your mount. Flying mounts are slightly more complex as they are considered a "spell", but still possible. If you move too fast in the air, you will reset back to your original position as if you had fell. I have not tested moving too fast on the ground, but I tried a few speeds and I can confidently jump to 1oclock on cmoc from 3oclock tower. Also, players can tell you're moving fast too, but I honestly never had a bad reaction. Just "wow, speedy gonzales!"

1. Find the name of the mount you're using in string\en. I use Lobpion (the blue scorpion bought with Blue Stars). So we'll make him faster. Find Lobpion via the "Find in Files" feature in Notepad++
    [​IMG]
    2. You'll see a variety of things pop up based on your mount name. Since the mount is called "Tamed Frost Lobpion", we'll edit that one based off of the key id.[​IMG]
    Notice these numbers all (at least) seem to correlate with the item: this is the mount's name, this is the mount's name in plural, and this is the mount's description. So, we can infer this is the key id we're looking for.

3. Same thing. Find the number in the riding\ folder via Find in Files. The number should match the file name if you're not too lazy to look through, but whatever.[​IMG] [​IMG]
    As you can see, the basic id and the file number match with what we're looking for. Also, "M_ScorpionBlue" sounds like my mount. So, we did everything right. (You'll notice things that correlate to bosses named in a similar fashion if you wanted to edit boss codes, but you'll have to experiment with that yourself) Double click the line here to open the file in Notepad++.

4. Scroll over to the right or just CTRL+F and find these lines:[​IMG]
    Change to match whatever you want. I haven't tried over 5 walkSpeed and over 9 runSpeed. I don't touch swim or enableswim because its pretty useless for me outside of Kandura, afaik. (Also, check in constants.xml to edit your swim dash speed anyway, lata cmoc) Not sure what runXspeed is, but I'll increase it anyway.
    [​IMG]
    5. Don't forget to save and compile the xml files back together via MS2Tools. I'll be nice and show you what it looks like, I guess.
    [​IMG]
    "location of folder files" "location where you want it to go" "name of file" (xml duh) NS2F Async

I'll edit if I find typos and keep track of the page for a while for questions. Remember again: every single update you have to do this again. What I do is keep the tabs that I edit open on Notepad++ and it saves those tabs like Google Chrome restarting the browser. Or you could just keep a lil journal idk. There's so much to edit, but no information out there that I could find or no one wants to make it public because this is much easier than buying someone's hacks or risk getting detected by a security system.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2019
    Cazzad, jason1213, Mozz and 6 others like this.

Mr. Ad Advertisement

2. Blaze

Blaze China Homeless Admin

Stats
    Approved.

3. lurkerforlife

lurkerforlife Malaysia Lurker

Stats
    By following your instructions, I have no problem in doing 4 of the daily chores. But when it comes to crafting, it always just craft one and stop immediately. I tried changing the values back to 1000 but the problem still persists. No idea why. Ive double checked everything

4. Skayzer

Skayzer Peru The New Guy

Stats
    where I find the folder TABLE ?
    I did not understand the part of extracting the XML
    or what do I have to do

5. Mozz

Mozz United States The New Guy

Stats
    Having this same issue. Have you found any solution?

Edit: I ended up just replacing the masteryreceipe file with the original that I backed up. It's working normally now.

Forgot to thank OP for this information & guide! Super useful.

6. Cazzad

Cazzad United Kingdom The New Guy

Stats
    Thanks for this will be looking for some nice things to try and do :)
    Insta summon pet works.

7. Cazzad

Cazzad United Kingdom The New Guy

Stats
    If you're editing mount speed you can replace runXConsumeEp="15" with runXConsumeEp="0" to make it take no stamina when you sprint with mounts it p nice.

8. ChaoticHawk

ChaoticHawk Brazil Lurker

Stats
    Can someone explain how do I change the lib path's on VStudio for the Decrypt? (Already compiled)

9. pizzapizza1337

Stats
    Strange. I honestly haven't booted back up the game since I edited these files. I can't say why its not working for you guys. Its probably going too fast. Make sure you're saving and recompiling after you change anything. Or it won't take effect. Otherwise, if 350 is too fast, it might be your computer is just faster than mine perhaps. Try to go to another mastery page while crafting and see if that helps and find out what values work for you.

Please read the Introduction and Preface again. This is not a guide on how to use MS2Tools. Also, I think there's rules here on spoonfeeding I can't break.

Noice.

No idea what you're trying to accomplish here. All you need is command prompt, Notepad, MS2Tools, and the game itself. Notepad++ is preferred. Not sure why you're messing with VStudio or if its even related.

edit: formatting

Ragev and gipal like this.
  10. ChaoticHawk

ChaoticHawk Brazil Lurker

Stats
    I'm trying to compile MS2Tools myself, unless there's an compiled upload already... I'm using the Git version

11. bongy97

bongy97 Singapore Veteran Hacker

Stats

12. Mozz

Stats
    Anyone having a problem with foraging only harvesting from 1 item at a time (rather than 4 from the group of 4)?

Edit: Also occurs with mining. No problems with farming or ranching.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2019
  13. lurkerforlife

lurkerforlife Malaysia Lurker

Stats
    I tried to read the codes in the file to find relevant texts, but i dont really understand them. haha

14. pizzapizza1337

Stats
    ...what? I cannot help you if you don't know how to use MS2Tools. Look elsewhere for the download other than the Github version.

You have to change both and ALL resetTime and reactTime to match the same values. Read the guide again. If you miss ONE thing, you'll fuck up something.

15. Mozz

Stats
    I did this to set the value for both to 5 and tried to increase the value of both to 20 to remedy, same deal. Only a problem with mining and foraging, no problem with farming or ranching.

16. pizzapizza1337

Stats
    You sure you went to the interactobject_mastery.xml? I guess also try interactobject.xml for the same 767 values and change those as well. Also, you can just look up exactly what you're editing if you apply the Mount Speed method to gathering.

17. 3qalves

3qalves Brazil Informed Hacker

Stats
    I have problem with mining and foraging too it just dont let me mine the rocks i cant even press space

18. Ragev

Ragev Malaysia The New Guy

Stats
    Thanks for this. I tried experimenting.
    What works:
    1. Vertical and horizontal climbing speed
    2. 360 degree auto targetting(auto target enemies even the ones behind you).
    3. Swim dash speed

What didnt work or client sided:
    1. Prestige perks and rewards edit.
    2. Meret cost edits (super chat/item slot expansion)
    3. Fishing speed reduction
    4. Skill cooldown time
    5. Gemstone upgrade ingredients cost edit

And many others that I forgot to list. Haven't mess with boss and dungeon edits yet.

19. goobyjr9

goobyjr9 United States The New Guy

Stats
    Applying super armor to your attacks works too.
    Look up your skill ID in string>skillname.xml then go to skill>10/ and find your skill ID.xml and change superArmor="0" to superArmor="3"

I believe only the <basic> values work client sided.

jason1213 likes this.
  20. Btwistboy

Btwistboy Canada Informed Hacker

Stats

I wonder if this was done through XML editing, would be awesome to transfer bound items between chars.