MapleStory 2 XML Editing - Instant gathering, mount speed & more

Discussion in 'MapleStory 2 Global & Europe Hacks, Cheats & Bots' started by pizzapizza1337, Jan 4, 2019.

Discuss MapleStory 2 XML Editing - Instant gathering, mount speed & more in the MapleStory 2 Global & Europe Hacks, Cheats & Bots area at GameKiller.net

1. DaftPunk95

DaftPunk95 Lurker

Stats
    I saved in the hope of keeping the animations without delay before the nexon remove, but it seems that did not help much =/ But who wants to, these are the original files before the nexon patch

Mr. Ad Advertisement

2. DaftPunk95

DaftPunk95 Lurker

Stats

btw it appears that only the '' character '' files have changed after the patch, they are in the '' MapleStory 2 \ Data \ Resource \ Model ''

I wish it were possible to undo the patch from yesterday, the game was much better and fluid

3. WoAhiMMeXiCaN

WoAhiMMeXiCaN United States Game Killer

Stats
    Link for guide doesnt work anymore :\
    I just assumed I download MS2tools, edit the Input and output path to My .m2h file and where I want it but that didnt work.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2019
  4. bl00dk0ed

bl00dk0ed United States The New Guy

Stats
    And replacing the character files didn't do anything?

5. roybricio

roybricio Mexico Lurker

Stats
    I tried that show no character on character selection, and when u hit enter get stuck at 100%

6. omgzombie

omgzombie The New Guy

Stats
    do you happen to have the Character.m2d file from before change by any chance?

7. DaftPunk95

DaftPunk95 Lurker

Stats
    Unfortunately not
    I saved the xml.m2d file in the hope that the change was in this file, but unfortunately it did not work.

8. donaldduck99

donaldduck99 The New Guy

Stats
    That update didnt change xml files at all, if it did all my edits would be gone. It had to be either fixed server side or different file entirely, most likely combination of both so nobody will reverse engineer it.

9. cereberusv

cereberusv Canada The New Guy

Stats
    Xml.m2d contains xml files, not animation files. The "bug" that they patched was that animations were missing frames, so it should be obvious that Xml.m2d wasn't impacted. If you want to mod them, you'd need to modify the .KF files found in Character.m2d, for example Ground Break for berserker: That has 41 frames, but if you shaved off 4-8 frames from the beginning or end, you would groundbreak 10-20% faster. That's essentially what happened with pretty much all animations in the update, when they switched animation files.

It won't work because of the way synchronization is forced. They did a copy/paste job from CMS2 or KMS2, both of which have removed transition frames for their animations.If you change the animations back, you'll be constantly freezing as the game tries to synchronize with the server. In games like Ragnarok Online, sprite animation modding worked because the server didn't force such strict synchronization. That's also why the turkey event caused the server to lag so bad, having hundreds of debuffs updating every tick across every channel caused massive lag.

There is a way to modify your attack speed, it's just not going to be through skill animations.

itzjay, DaftPunk95 and gipal like this.
  10. liquidbox

liquidbox Lurker

Stats

Last edited: Feb 7, 2019
  11. tommykk

tommykk United States The New Guy

Stats
    didn't work

12. donaldduck99

donaldduck99 The New Guy

Stats
    Works for me, can place traps right under pets after feeding them candy. Normally you have to do it certain distance away from them.

13. jason1213

jason1213 United States The New Guy

Stats
    Just got permabanned tonight. Not sure if it was for XML editing for faster life skills or just for opening up a single screen with d8input.dll in folder for multi-client bypass.

14. omgzombie

omgzombie The New Guy

Stats
    it was dinput8.

just ask them in a support ticket and they'll tell you.