MapleStory Game Launcher Error Fix ! 100%!

Discussion in 'MapleStory Global & Europe' started by Henesys, Apr 27, 2011.

?

What team u want to be in the Birthday Event

1. Cake !

3 vote(s)
    75.0%
  2. Pie !

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  1. Henesys

Henesys Germany Veteran Hacker

Stats
    Create a short cut to MapleStory.exe and modify the target by following the instructions below:
    Locate MapleStory.exe in the folder that MapleStory is installed to. This is usually C:\Nexon\MapleStory
    Right click MapleStory.exe and choose to create a shortcut
    Right click the shortcut you just created and choose Properties
    Alter the Target line so that it reads:
    C:\Nexon\MapleStory\MapleStory.exe GameLaunching
    Note that the beginning of the location may be different if you have installed MapleStory to a directory other than the default.
    Use the modified shortcut to launch the game
    Thanks ME !!!

Mr. Ad Advertisement

2. Kellogg

Kellogg Canada Game Killer

Stats
    You copy this directly from the MapleStory website and have the nerve to ask for thanks?

3. Henesys

Henesys Germany Veteran Hacker

Stats
    Thats for peoples who cannot go to the website.... or dont read the website messages...

4. teax

teax Informed Hacker

Stats
    dont work

5. socalme

socalme The New Guy

Stats
    all you had to do was rename the gamelauncher.exe to something else.. and run it..

6. moomooSHEEP

moomooSHEEP United States ├╝ber Hacker

Stats
    Doesn't work either.

lolwthisthis? Was there a thread on how to solve the 'Cannot locate the game installation path' error?

7. axide

axide Netherlands Informed Hacker

Stats
    Open it as admin.

8. Romania

Romania Argentina Renown Hacker

Stats
    Note that the beginning of the location may be different if you have installed MapleStory to a directory other than the default.

Also copy and paste the directory, do it exactly

9. 818ranger56

818ranger56 The New Guy

Stats
    Didnt work. I get an error code

10. koyomi

koyomi United States Fanatic Hacker

Stats
    There are two that works. One with the play screen and one that launches the game immediately. Since I've become accustomed to using the command line a lot more, I don't use shortcuts. The following will work in both the command prompt and the run dialog that pops up when you press CTRL+R.

Replace "C:\Nexon\MapleStory\MapleStory.exe" (without the quotes) with the path where your game is installed.
    With the start up dialog: "C:\Nexon\MapleStory\MapleStory.exe GameLaunching" //You can use it with or without the quotes.
    Without the start up dialog: "C:\Nexon\MapleStory\MapleStory.exe WebStart" //You can use it with or without quotes.

This also works whenever you directly copy the MapleStory folder from one computer to another, preventing you from having to download and install it again. The only downfall I found out when trying that method was that the game crashes every time I try to use a potion. Skills, trading, killing, and modifying settings all work.. pots did not for some reason. I didn't bother exporting the registry, so that might've been the case. Anyways, that's one method for a portable MapleStory if people didn't know.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2013