Important Market rule changes, post only if interested in the deal! [Updated 8/20]

Discussion in 'Forum News & Announcements' started by Blaze, Aug 11, 2018.

Discuss Market rule changes, post only if interested in the deal! [Updated 8/20] in the Forum News & Announcements area at GameKiller.net

1. Blaze

Blaze China Homeless Admin

Stats
    Effective immediately:

1. You may only post in another user's market thread if you're interested in making a deal. Unnecessary posts that doesn't contribute to the topic such as advertising another market thread, bashing / sharing your opinion on the deal's pricing, intentional bumping for another user, trolling is not allowed. This is an open market, users are free to price their deals however they wish. Post found in violation will receive an infraction.

2. You may only vouch for another user if there was a completed transaction between you and the user. Users found to be intentionally vouching for friends will be banned.

3. Claiming you are vouched by admin / staff in custom user title and market title
    • User title: You may not include this at all in your custom user title purchased from gk shop.
    • Market title: This is ONLY allowed if a staff member wrote a vouch post in the particular market thread. The vouch post will not translate to other market threads posted by the same user.

Receiving 5 warning points will result in a temporary suspension from the forum

Mr. Ad Advertisement

2. Tave

Tave United States Best BosserTM banned Premium

Stats
    Best rule ever. The advertising on other people's threads didn't really happen, but I had one instance I had to take to Qybah

3. Jeff

Jeff Canada Drug Dealer Premium

Stats
    Can we leave vouches :o

cy2410 likes this.
  4. Austin92130

Austin92130 United States I <3 Mehodin

Stats
    Can we warn if they are skemmers

5. Tave

Stats
    Scammers should be reported to the scam section, and their threads would be removed if they're proven to be a scammer, there should be no need to "warn" people. If you warn someone and it turns out to be a miscommunication or something, you ruined someone's reputation for nothing.

6. Blaze

Stats
    Yes, that's perfectly fine.

7. Yegor141

Yegor141 ★KG️️B Spy☭ Premium

Stats
    What if its spam approved by the seller? :emoji_thinking:

Split likes this.
  8. NoOne

NoOne United States Informed Hacker

Stats
    There are a few scammers that have managed to live to see the next day, I mean we can still pm the people that interested to warn but that's tedious so that wont happen often this might lead to some more scamming let's just hope for the best

9. Qybah

Qybah A/S/L/P? SMOD Premium

Stats
    If you don't report them in the scammer report section then we can't do anything about those. We don't check all market threads for scam reports, if you're just going to post in the scammer his thread then it will get overlooked.

Ikky and Tave like this.
  10. raxopid

raxopid Australia Veteran Hacker

Stats
    FINALLY!!! so sick of people complaining about the dam prices

11. azimatix

azimatix Australia Renown Hacker

Stats
    Finally idiots won't try steal sales from other people or bash sales threads for price or otherwise unnecessary stuff.
    ty!!!!!!!!!!!

Tave likes this.
  12. Blaze

Stats
    8/20 Market Rule Changes

You may only vouch for another user if there was a completed transaction between you and the user. Users found to be intentionally vouching for friends will be banned.

3. Claiming you are vouched by admin / staff in custom user title and market title
    • User title: You may not include this at all in your custom user title purchased from gk shop.
    • Market title: This is ONLY allowed if a staff member wrote a vouch post in the particular market thread. The vouch post will not translate to other market threads posted by the same user.
    Receiving 5 warning points will result in a temporary suspension from the forum

Jeff and Tave like this.
  13. WTFM

WTFM United States Trusted Flexer ᕦ(ò_ó)ᕤ Premium

Stats
    Does this mean the "Trusted Seller ✓" title meme I started isn't allowed anymore?

14. Jeff

Stats
    Or the [TRUSTED] [VOUCHED] LUL

15. raxopid

raxopid Australia Veteran Hacker

Stats
    pretty sure what he means by

Only applies for 'vouches by admin'. If it doesn't specify for vouches other than admin, it is acceptable.

You may only use 'admin vouch' in your title if you are indeed vouched by admin

16. JaysonL

JaysonL Canada Lurker

Stats
    Why don't we have this work both ways? Only allow selling threads to people who actually intend on selling the items they post.
    An example would be the many selling threads without prices asking you to offer and when you offer a fair price, they accuse you of low balling and block you.
    A good amount of threads without prices seems to be more like predatory sellers hoping for someone to over offer and not actually trying to make good marketplace deals.
    I feel like if you don't have a price in mind to sell your item, then you aren't ready to put it up on the marketplace and thus shouldn't be allowed to.
    It honestly just wastes a lot of peoples time.

17. Jeff

Stats
    Stop being a low baller then you jew everyone has a price in mind LOL

Tave likes this.
  18. Tave

Stats
    I mean there are people that utterly make up numbers, but I agree here. People have a number in mind, some people may just think their shit is worth more than they actually think it is.

I'm more opposed to the people that walk in with zero experience selling and cut prices in half to try to massively undercut established sellers.... like a lot of them don't actually get business, they're just annoying. But people that just bought terminal a week ago should not be trying to offer to sell power leveling services and shit to people for the simple reason that I don't feel like they have enough usage behind the product to know if what they're doing is safe, and will potentially lead to a lot of unnecessary bans that could be prevented should there be SOME KIND of regulation on sellers.

19. rushman7

rushman7 United States Trusted Seller ✓ Premium

Stats
    Or offer something reasonable? If you offered $50 on a 500b Kanna account, i wouldn't even acknowledge your post. This is a free market, people can post whatever they want for whatever price they want even if that price is undetermined.

20. JaysonL

JaysonL Canada Lurker

Stats
    Not sure what to say since you missed the point completely. I don't even know where to start with you... But try reading my post again.

I completely agree. And I have said nothing about random prices or absurdly high prices. I think those are fine although contrary to this new rule, I feel that they should deal with the criticism that comes with those prices. This is more with the price in question being undetermined. If the seller has a number in mind, why not disclose it?

I mentioned that this is for the case an where a reasonable offer was made and I quote myself "when you offer a fair price". Where the seller would still not disclose his or her price after the offer has been made and proceeds to blocks you. And no, a free market involves prices being determined by the open market and by consumers. A undetermined priced is obviously not determined and thus, not in the scope of a free market. It would be as soon as the seller responds with their price, but this usually isn't the case with threads that don't have them in the first place which is the point I am trying to make. This is just people trying to swindle inexperienced customers. Even in a free market, there are laws that prevent stores from having misleading advertisements.

Imagine if you went to your local Walmart or Target. You bring a bottle of water to the cash register, the cashier scans it. And then proceeds to ask you to offer on it. You make a REASONABLE offer, and they tell you to get out and you aren't allowed back into the store. Sure this is allowed in a free market but has no bearing to what an actual free market is.

Another example would be if one of their flyers listing a bunch of items with the price of "Come in and offer". And have a having a disclaimers of being banned from the store if you offered too low. Sure that could exist in a free market but that's just silliness and has nothing to do with the free market itself.

And this thread and the rule that comes with it was cause by babies with similar mentality. Preaching that this is a free and open market. But let me tell you that in a free and open market, you will most definitely be scrutinized for your prices if they are too high. There will be no thread like this with new rules to protect you from criticism in an actual free and open market. I just feel that if we want the consumers to be more transparent, then we should expect the same from the market.