[Suggestion] Moderation

Discussion in 'Forum Suggestions & Questions' started by thegousch, Feb 19, 2020.

1. thegousch

thegousch Sweden Veteran Hacker

Stats
    We need tigther moderaration in different parts of the forum.
    Especially maplestory private server part.
    Currently Alot of people gets scammed because the understaff making people allowed to selfvouch in a thread until they scam, (because reporting a thread doesnt really do anything in time) and after a few days they get banned after a dispute taking a few days.

My recommendation is local mods for different parts of the forum handling reports disputes etc.

This is noway or form criticism towards the current mods/admin doing an fantastic job but more of an improvement because gk is growing

edit: This does in not need to be made public but i recommend you having application to fill different position for "local moderator"

Another thing that could help is by selling (or earning) middleman ranks so people can do more safe trades

Last edited: Feb 19, 2020
    Fading likes this.

Mr. Ad Advertisement

2. meowmeow12

meowmeow12 United States Veteran Hacker

Stats
    This is a good idea, it would also help if people could use a little more common sense. Looking at some of these threads that later end up to be scammers, a lot of the time it is painfully obvious to the trained eye that it is a scam, but some people are ignorant/unaware of what is going on. What I would add on to this suggestion is new updated threads at the top of every market page showing the most common scams nowadays and how to avoid them, there are threads on some of the pages but they are very old, dating back to Skype days. Maybe forcing all new members to see a pop-up message telling them to review the scam-prevention thread if they are going to use the market section of the forum as well.

3. Ally

Ally United States princess

Stats
    There is I think a total of 4 active staff members on the forum
    There is blaze [Developer]
    There is qybah [Super Moderator]
    There is Raigeki [Terminal Support]
    There is Leroy [Terminal Support]

If I'm wrong correct me, but first things get support on gamekiller is not an easy task I don't exactly know what someone has to do to acquire it but from my perspective only genually helpful people have gotten support. Now even if they get support they don't have moderation permissions to delete threads and other things, For them to have a application system it would kind of ruin the genuinity of actually getting support on GK. Although this is just from my perspective and i could honestly be completely wrong.
    TLDR; not really that good idea

Yamineko likes this.
  4. yazhivu

yazhivu Cyprus Informed Hacker

Stats
    I vouch for more moderation. @Ally, you are too new. Back in ye old days from the roots of ~200X, we had about 15~ mods at a given time. There was nothing wrong with that. The forum was healthy as ever.

Ammar, sminty and Retard like this.
  5. sminty

sminty Australia The New Guy

Stats
    I agree with Yazhivu

Not to discourage @Ally I vouch for you to apply as a moderator. You are a very helpful individual!

Plus it helps with diversity in our community <3

6. Jeff

Jeff United States Meso Dealer Premium

Stats
    pls giv me support role i promis to do me best owo

WhiteRacoon likes this.
  7. Raigeki

Raigeki United States ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Support Premium

Stats
    He’s not active on forums as much, since phasing out public bypass, but there’s MHRR too.

Blaze is gk admin
    Mahorori is terminal dev
    Qybah is gk super mod
    Leroy and I are terminal support

Yamineko likes this.