my laptop doesn't find wireless networks as well as it used to

Discussion in 'PC Support' started by Tropical, Oct 19, 2013.

1. Tropical

Tropical Israel Elite Hacker

Stats
    Hey guys,

My laptop used to be able to connect to my wifi with 4 bars in my room a few days ago, then, randomly, it started connecting with 1 bar or doesn't find the wireless at all.

This isn't a problem in my home only, when I go to other places that I used to have a 4-5 bar connection, I now have like 1 or max 2.

Please help me :/

Mr. Ad Advertisement

2. Mosha

Mosha Australia Game Killer

Stats
    Could use a few more details. Like what laptop are you using, so we could determine the card. Could be an issue with the antennas or potentially another component causing interference.

- - - Updated - - -

Try troubleshooting the adaptor within Windows.

3. LulWut

LulWut Godly Hacker

Stats
    You could try turning bluetooth off while leaving wireless on if you haven't tried that already.

4. satanity

satanity Fanatic Hacker

Stats
    I guess with the information you provided - I could suggest that you update/reinstall the driver for your wireless adapter. If that doesn't solve, I would suggest you replace the wireless adapter inside your laptop.

5. DougieWuggie

DougieWuggie United States Prominent Hacker

Stats
    Have you upgraded to a new router/modem recently? Might need a new wireless adapter.

Also, try updating the driver for your wireless adapter.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2014