[Opinions] Laptops around $400

Discussion in 'Computers' started by chakram, Apr 16, 2015.

1. chakram

chakram United States Renown Hacker

Stats
    So I've been looking for decent laptops that are around $400 and found one that caught my eye.
    The thing is that I'm torn between 2 versions of the same model and so I wanted y'alls thoughts on it.

This is the one I'm leaning more towards, processor-wise
    -

This is the other which is cheaper
    -

I'm a sucker for a large keyboard :tongue: Anyway the only real difference, besides price, seems to be the A8 and i5 processors. I'm looking to use the laptop for animation, programs like Rhinoceros, and occasional gaming(nothing major just elsword and emulators for PS2 and N64). Hardware isn't my forte but that seems pretty cheap for an i5 which is why I'm leaning towards the first one.
    That's about it so let me know what you guys think and whether or not these are pieces of crap that just sound good.
    :awe:

Mr. Ad Advertisement

2. Sather

Sather Canada Game Assassin

Stats
    go with the intel one, unless you need a new heater for your home. i generally don't like to get AMD processors in laptops because of their heat output due to their high TDP

3. Sather

Sather Canada Game Assassin

Stats
    go with the intel one, unless you need a new heater for your home. i generally don't like to get AMD processors in laptops because of their heat output due to their high TDP

4. Nietzsche

Nietzsche United States Боже, форум храни!

Stats
    That i5 is going to outperform that A8 by at least an order of magnitude. They're really not even comparable chips.

5. imCIoud

imCIoud The New Guy

Stats
    I honestly don't know what's good about computers but i've really been enjoying my Alienware

6. pawl

pawl Australia Lurker

Stats
    definitely go for the intel as Sather said

7. bd0303

bd0303 United States The New Guy

Stats
    like the other guys said above, intel.
    Intel is better most of the time

8. omasa123456

omasa123456 Australia The New Guy

Stats
    Laptops are generally not worth it in the long term, hard to customise and parts go out of date real quick lol