PC Starts then Shuts down Instantly

Discussion in 'PC Support' started by LED, Aug 25, 2014.

1. LED

LED Informed Hacker

Stats
    I bought a new PC this year and got it professionally built by PLE. It has been fine and working fine for the past 5+ months but in the past 3 weeks it has begun to randomly blue screen and not start, from here it has just gotten worst to the point it will now start for a split second switch off and continue to do this over and over until I kill the power to it. I have looked inside and it is majority dust free minus a tiny bit on the graphics card fan and a bit in the front grill I can't get to. Specs:
    CPU: Intel Core i5 4440 Haswell 3.1GHz
    MOBO: ASRock H81M-HDS LGA1150 mATX
    RAM: GeIL 8GB DDR3 Dragon C9 1333MHz
    Hard Drive: WD Black 1TB Hardrive
    Graphics Card: MSI Radeon R7 260X OC 2GB
    Power Supply: FPS Raider 450W 80PLUS Silver Power Supply
    Windows 8.1
    Note that I installed a 60GB Kingston SSD 3 Months ago myself

Any help or knowledge would be great, thanks.

Mr. Ad Advertisement

2. Nietzsche

Nietzsche United States Боже, форум храни!

Stats
    Open up the case and unplug your power button (follow the cable until you find the header on your motherboard).

The power button should be connected to a two-pin header. With a screwdriver, paperclip, or some other metal object, briefly bridge the connection between the two.

If the problem goes away, your power button is a tad messed up. Make sure that it's mounted properly in the case and, if you absolutely cannot get it to work, get a new one.

If the problem doesn't go away, pop your CMOS battery and see what happens.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 25, 2014
  3. c3303k

c3303k The New Guy

Stats
    or maybe ur pc is over heating thats why its shutting down :O it happend to me before cos i forgot to apply a new thermal paste