[Suggestion] Reduce bump timer for longstanding sellers

Discussion in 'Forum Suggestions & Questions' started by Ikky, Jan 11, 2020.

1. Ikky

Ikky United States ✔ Official Reboot Seller Premium

Stats
    Been here for a while, I've never scammed anyone and I am sure there are other sellers besides me who are good too.

Reason why bump timer got extended was because people were abusing it a year or so back -- don't get why experienced sellers need to be punished by those sellers who come for a month or two, and quit.

I believe the timer is every 13 hours which isn't even fair because you can only bump it once a day because you'd most likely be sleeping before the 2nd bump can go off.

There should be some sort of benefit / incentive to longstanding sellers.

Mr. Ad Advertisement

2. Retard

Retard Israel ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Stats
    I don't necessarily support this.
    This could very easily create a market where sellers that are considered "longstanding" by a currently unknown requirement have an insanely huge advantage over newer sellers.

For example, I started selling on GK around 2017, I had nothing but good experiences excluding one where the buyer tried to chargeback for no reason. I *guess* that I would count as a longstanding seller for that (again, can't know because you haven't stated what the requirements should be).
    As a longstanding seller, I could bump my selling threads more often than the "basic" seller, making me appear on the top of the selling section far more often than any other basic seller.

On one hand that's a great way to reward sellers that have been putting in effort for a long time. But on the other hand this could create a market dominated by a select few people, in other words a monopoly.
    We need to give new sellers and new users in general a chance to join and take an active role in our community, if we give higher rights to the old members it could potentially hinder that goal.
    Instead of everyone abusing the bump system, only the old sellers would be able to, in another manner of course (instead of no one being able to)

Just to conclude everything I've said, I see the good this could bring to the old community, but I believe the bad it could bring to the new community isn't worth it.

3. she40841

she40841 Sweden BIG‏‏‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎‏‏‎ ‎ ‎‏‏‎BRAIN‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‏‏‎ ‎CLUB

Stats
    Vouch - instead of longstanding, let's use IQ as the messurement and put it as 150+ so only I can bump every 2 hours.

zexren and Retard like this.