[Suggestion] Remove "HIDDEN-REPLY" from Market

Discussion in 'Forum Suggestions & Questions' started by Ammar, May 14, 2019.

Discuss Remove "HIDDEN-REPLY" from Market in the Forum Suggestions & Questions area at GameKiller.net

1. Ammar

Ammar Brazil God of Kanna's Premium

Stats
    This is actually an exploit, put a important info on market thread and use that thing to people reply and auto-bump your thread even when your off from gamekiller LOL

aurealis and Jinks like this.

Mr. Ad Advertisement

2. Qybah

Qybah Belgium SMOD Premium

Stats
    Jinks likes this.
  3. Retard

Retard Israel ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Premium

Stats
    That's not an "exploit", I personally would love to know who I'm trading with and what their GK account is, so I can report/leave good feedback if needed.

Jinks likes this.
  4. Raigeki

Raigeki United States ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Support

Stats
    i can see where his concern is, although it comes hand in hand with the recommended security measures that Qybah posted. site admin can see forums user IP's thru proxies and other means of hiding, so it helps identify and ban offenders who contact/add you on discord via GK. (alt accounts & main accounts that share the same IP)
    it's a proactive step that helps keep our marketplace clean :)

Jinks likes this.
  5. Ammar

Stats
    Forgive me if I wrote wrong.
    My suggestion is directly tied to this feature:

IM SELLING STIGMA, CHECK PRICE BELLOW
    Hidden Content:
    You must reply to this thread to unlock the hidden content.
    Get that thread for example:
    Everytime someone want to buy an specific service, he need's to reply the thread to check the price etc and them "auto-bumping it", even if he'll not buy the service.

This IS an exploit since u can only bump your threads after 14 hours.

aurealis, Jinks and killhit123 like this.
  6. Jinks

Jinks United States Premium Premium

Stats
    XD the real exploit is in scripting section

> bait people with cute thread titles
    > hit them with like wall & reply wall

ez like + bump.. issa gold mine

Vaporwave, Retard, killhit123 and 2 others like this.
  7. JoeyChile

JoeyChile United States Premium Premium

Stats
    It is kind of a catch-22 you know?
    I find the hidden content useful for having it mask your Discord to prevent idiots from trying to mass add you and attempt to scam you, and the other side being that it allows for bumping your thread and sort of baiting.

Personally from my perspective, if someone says "message me for my discord" I probably won't do it because I am fat lazy bastard and impatient.

8. pbnj

pbnj United States Premium Premium

Stats
    Or how about removing auto bump with replies feature in the market section. Only allow the thread creator to bump their own thread

9. aurealis

aurealis United States hey Premium

Stats
    I would only hide Discord tags behind the reply wall due to impersonators like that Novun impersonating guy, but yeah - hiding all service prices & literally the whole thread behind a reply wall is wack since if only the Discord tag is hidden behind a reply function, people can just choose not to reply after seeing prices.

If prices and all service information is hidden behind a reply then that forces everyone to reply

10. Ammar

Stats
    Guys the problem isnt about that HIDDEN REPLY thing, is directly related to BUMPING THREAD using that.
    I know its good to prevent scammers and etc, so just need to remove that thing of bumping the entire thread.

11. pbnj

pbnj United States Premium Premium

Stats
    Made a suggestion about it before and completely agree. Removing the bump function from replies in the market section would fix the issue.

Jinks likes this.
  12. Raigeki

Raigeki United States ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Support

Stats
    i can see how that is quite annoying. well, like i said, they come hand in hand with that; safety and bumping. removing the non-OP bump feature of replies could be a different suggestion altogether, but that is not what your thread title says...
    if it's a highly sought after product/service and it's receiving the bumps due to the high demand/want factor then i don't really see what the problem is, when used as Qybah suggests. but you're right, that reply wall in that thread that contains all of the information is a different story.

13. Ammar

Stats
    Thanks for understanding, my problem is just with that reply wall to autobump, taking advantage of other sellers.
    "But they can use it too."
    Of course, but people who sell other kinds of services, like accounts themselves are massacred for it, since there is no point in using that code in this type of sale.