Scammed by benracelisdr

Discussion in 'Report a Scammer' started by Evolzar, Jun 29, 2018.

Discuss Scammed by benracelisdr in the Report a Scammer area at GameKiller.net

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Evolzar

Evolzar Informed Hacker

Stats
    I was buying an account from him, we spoke over Discord the last 1-2 days then he deleted me from Discord. I send him payment through PayPal then after a little bit, he blocked me. I have screen shot of the payment I made to his PayPal and I do have msg history on discord. I'd gladly send in as much proof as I can to admins if they would PM me.

Edit: Info about scammer:
    GameKiller ID: benracelisdr
    Scammer Discord: Chancellor#1737 (It was Benjamin#1737 when we were talking and before he blocked me)
    Part of it was my fault for not using OMM services, but he still did scam me so I'm reporting.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 29, 2018

Mr. Ad Advertisement

2. 7989200

7989200 China Premium Premium

Stats
    go post and charge it back

3. Evolzar

Evolzar Informed Hacker

Stats
    You're saying I can post the screen shots in this thread? And I've never done a charge back before (because I've never had to) but do I wait until morning and call the bank? What exactly do I tell them?

4. splitone

splitone Trusted Seller✓ Premium

Stats
  5. Raigeki

Raigeki United States ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Support Premium

Stats
    @benracelisdr @Qybah

normally you would post the evidence and a link between the GK account and the discord id you were speaking to. but if you wanna pm a staff member, then i suppose that works. for future reference, they request in the scam section that you provide the following:
    View attachment 35565

6. Evolzar

Evolzar Informed Hacker

Stats
    Thanks, I posted 2 images, one of our discord chat where his messages are all gone and the discord bot says I can't contact him since he blocked me, and the other pic is of the transaction I made. Paypal says the transaction is complete but they haven't moved the funds out of my bank yet. I have to call them in the morning since it's night time. But yeah, I've never done a charge back, how do those work exactly? What exactly do I tell the bank? Thanks.

Edit: If we're not allowed to discuss chargeback in public, would you PM me so you could inform me in private? Thanks.

7. 7989200

Stats
    post those u want in this thread so that guy's account will be banned

8. 7989200

Stats
    just try to charge back ,there is high rate to get ur money back

9. Gukhyum

Gukhyum Korea, Republic of The New Guy

Stats
    Darn! I was talking to him several hours ago and he sounded REALLY fish so I turned down the deal. He said he wanted me to pay him and wait about a day for that money to transfer into his bank. I could post the conversation upon request if that may help on evidence.

Sorry for the loss and I believe there are many people who can help you chargeback so don’t do on your own is my advice

10. Evolzar

Evolzar Informed Hacker

Stats
    Thanks, he sounded pretty nice to me, and even linked me to some of his vouchers on that other site but I guess it was too good to be true.

What do you mean by not doing it on my own?

11. Gukhyum

Gukhyum Korea, Republic of The New Guy

Stats
    The chargeback I mean. If it is your first time doing chargeback you will want to get some advice from experienced people was what I meant.

12. Evolzar

Evolzar Informed Hacker

Stats
    Oh, gotcha. But how would I find someone who's dealt with this before? And sorry to keep bothering everyone. I just need to make sure I don't go "hey I got scammed, can you charge back my card?" to the bank and have them deny me lol.

13. Evolzar

Evolzar Informed Hacker

Stats
    I called PayPal and they said because I sent it through "Friends/Family" there's no buyer protection so they can't do anything but advise me to call my bank to talk to them. I just got off the phone with BofA and the agent wasn't sure if she could 100% block the payment (money still hasn't left my account yet) but she could fill out a Stop Payment form but she would need the PayPal username. I wasn't sure what a PayPal username is since I've only ever seen an email address and a full name, so she asked for the email minus the "@****.com" part and then I asked her if she could fill out another Stop Payment using the full name on his PayPal. For now, I guess only time will tell if the payment was stopped, if I still have the money by tomorrow, she says it's likely the payment stopped. Otherwise if the payment still goes through, she said I could call again and they can start a payment dispute process. If anyone has any more advice, please let me know, or pm me. Lesson learned to never do Friends/Family or make a purchase without an OMM or other means of reliable security.

14. Roam

Roam Prominent Hacker

Stats
    Shoulda said you didn't mean to send that , and you sent it to the wrong person

15. hyung

hyung United States Veteran Hacker

Stats
    Yeah... I rarely do F/F unless I’m using an OMM. Sucks that the guy scammed $700, esp if he’s trying to go into the medical field, literally a scum bag at that point.

You should next time send via Goods and Services, since ppl can’t tell, just for security measures.

16. Qybah

Qybah A/S/L/P? SMOD Premium

Stats
    Banned, should've already raised some flags cause the info in his thread didn't match up with current maple version (Neb stats which got removed from the game, etc...)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.