Scammed by TheRanger Impersonator

Discussion in 'Report a Scammer' started by DimastheFox, Jun 1, 2018.

Discuss Scammed by TheRanger Impersonator in the Report a Scammer area at GameKiller.net

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DimastheFox

DimastheFox United States Premium Premium

Stats
    Got scammed 37b. My own fault for offering to go first.
    His discord is Ranger#1239
    Blocked me on discord right after sending the mesos.
    Only reason I went first was due to the lack of vouches here on GK, but I learned my lesson.
    DO NOT TRADE WITH THIS DISCORD, HE IS IMPERSONATING GK USER THERANGER!

Attached Files:

• 1.png
      1.png
      File size:
      88.5 KB
      Views:
    • 2.png
      2.png
      File size:
      98.6 KB
      Views:
    • 3.png
      3.png
      File size:
      115.6 KB
      Views:
    • 4.png
      4.png
      File size:
      31.1 KB
      Views:
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2018

Mr. Ad Advertisement

2. Relics

Relics United States Verified Baller banned

Stats
    You will need to link his Discord to his GameFiller forum name.

3. Raigeki

Raigeki United States ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Support Premium

Stats
    @Viriatus is GK's verified middleman right now. use him in the future when vouches are an issue :)

4. DimastheFox

Stats
    He never responded on PM in GK, my own fault. He said he was TheRanger from GK on discord as of this attached image(sorry forgot to add that)
    I did message him my discord in PMs which is why I believed the discord to be his in the first place.

Thank you very much! I'll make sure to keep that in mind for the future. Honestly don't want that to happen again.

Attached Files:

5. Raigeki

Stats
    for the record, i've scanned all 42 of their posts. none of which they've ever revealed their discord. could flat out be a sus thing to do or could also simply be a privacy quirk that they have. take it as you will.

lowkey i also provide middleman services

pkv_8 likes this.
  6. TheRanger

TheRanger Canada Banned banned

Stats
    @Admin @Moderator That is not me or my discord! I did not confirm any trades about buying mesos from him. I had another person personal message me saying I scammed them?

7. TheRanger

Stats
    I did not confirm with you about doing a trade. If you noticed on my previous threads, I will message or post it on thread if I am buying/selling. Someone is impersonating me.

8. TheRanger

Stats
    You have your discord listed into your post. The person you traded with is not me. I will always PM or post in thread if I am buying/selling something. Can an Admin or Moderator please look into this! I saved screenshot of his post just in case he edits it.

Attached Files:

9. Raigeki

Stats
    well for starters, you should try to prove it's not your discord.
    screenshots of your past PM's with other traders where you gave them your actual discord and a link to the thread the trade was for.

if you can do that, my best guess from my knowledge of what the rules are and what's recommended in sticky threads to "not get scammed" while trading is...

that the OP will have to eat the loss since they failed to fully link the scammers discord to a GK account + their own discord being in their thread for anyone to message them, which without those two being hand-in-hand, enables scammers to frame others.
    aka, just not having enough evidence.

upload_2018-6-1_17-38-40.png

Last edited: Jun 1, 2018
  10. kamilkurek

kamilkurek Canada Veteran Hacker

Stats
    he doesn't have to. what hes being accused of there is no hard evidence. the only thing its doing is ruining his rep at this point.

11. TheRanger

Stats
    This is my Discord.

Attached Files:

12. Raigeki

Stats
    yikes. how does that even make sense to you? if someone is impersonating you on a 3rd party comms app with a similar ID and scamming people, you have to prove that isn't your ID or else you can very well be banned for someone else's doing. it really isn't hard to do. just to use an extreme to put it into perspective: if TheRanger refuses to show anyone what his real discord is, you can clearly see the ill-effects it has on the situation. you can't just deny an "impersonated" scam claim that has at least some evidence that they were actually scammed, that's not how it works...

but to an extent, you're right. proof of trade is the bigger thing to have. (video recording)

13. TheRanger

Stats
    I provided my Discord in post above you that has never been changed.

Raigeki likes this.
  14. Raigeki

Stats
  15. kamilkurek

Stats
    what im saying is there is no valid proof as of right now that shows that he is the one who pulled of a scam. There has been no link to his discord made regardless of how you, the victim or I view it. No solid proof means that he should not be punished. I would rather not argue with someone i actually like and has helped me in my own posts, so I hope you can see my side to what I posted and lets just leave it to qybah to deal with.

16. Qybah

Qybah A/S/L/P? SMOD Premium

Stats
    Innocent until proven guilty. If you can not proof that that is TheRanger his discord then I can't and won't do anything about it.
    Impersonation is a huge issue on Discord, especially because it's so easy to change your ID. Always have the person PM you on GameKiller to confirm that it is actually him.
    TheRanger (on GK) being an active seller/buyer on here that hasn't had any issues with anyone in the past makes me assume that someone is indeed impersonating him.

kamilkurek likes this.
  17. DimastheFox

Stats
    Honestly willing to believe that TheRanger was impersonated. In that case, someone is going around impersonating him.
    At least this should serve as a lesson to take every precaution message the person on GK first before Discord. Confirm the buyer/seller and so on.

kamilkurek and Raigeki like this.
  18. kamilkurek

Stats
    Its not that someone is just going around impersonating him. he could be going around and impersonating anyone. more so someone whos buying mesos or items in bera as that is where the scam is from.

19. Qybah

Qybah A/S/L/P? SMOD Premium

Stats
    I'll close this and edit thread title to make it clear theRanger is being impersonated to not ruin his GK username.

Also can people who have nothing to do with these reports PLEASE stop posting in them already. It's so annoying to read through a thread if more than half isn't related.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.