Script updating / AoB scanning methodology

Discussion in 'MapleStory Global & Europe' started by Levinski, Nov 29, 2018.

Discuss Script updating / AoB scanning methodology in the MapleStory Global & Europe area at GameKiller.net

1. Levinski

Levinski Sweden The New Guy

Stats
    Hello interweb of hacklords.

I wanted to try to update the script for regular Godmode and went ahead and tried to figure out how to about it. I've tried to look around here on the forums for some kind of a guide but come up short on that. I've been to the wonders of youtube and found these two vids that explain some basic stuff but I think they are not enough:

Code:
    [enable]
    024A0280:
    db C2 30 00

[disable]
    //E8 ? ? ? ? 8D ? ? E8 ? ? ? ? 8B ? ? 64 ? ? ? ? ? ? 59 5E 8B ? 5D C2 1C 00 [follow call]
    024A0280: //E8 ? ? ? ? EB ? 6A 00 6A 01 6A 00 6A 01 [Follow call]
    db 55 8B EC

This is the script (199.4) and the AoBs I scanned with.
    Looking back on older scripts I see that all these values change.

So as far as I understand this is that this script enables the state you're in when you've taken damage and disables the routine that makes you vulnerable to attacks (or re-entering the state of taking damage).

I tried to search using the two AoBs (the first in order which I presume the "024A0280" adress is)
    Disassembling the code and in the memory viewer highlighting the row with 'call' and right-clicking, hitting follow and entering that adress into the first bit after enable as well as disable; as such

Code:
    [enable]
    025D1640:
    db C2 30 00

[disable]
    //E8 ? ? ? ? 8D ? ? E8 ? ? ? ? 8B ? ? 64 ? ? ? ? ? ? 59 5E 8B ? 5D C2 1C 00 [follow call]
    025D1640: //E8 ? ? ? ? EB ? 6A 00 6A 01 6A 00 6A 01 [Follow call]
    db 55 8B EC

Then, using the second AoB I scan again, disassemble, follow the call and this is where I flat out improvise:
    As I see in the memory viewer as well as in the previous script the (db 55 8B EC) I see '55' in the 'push' on the following row I see '8B EC'. Assuming the 'db' is the same as previous, as well as these numbers I can see on my screen *chuckle*

Then I re-do the first scan, follow the call and look one row above the one I landed on and I see a very similar array; 'C2 04 00'

Code:
    [enable]
    025D1640:
    db C2 04 00

[disable]
    db 55 8B EC

This is the script I ended up with and upon contact with an enemy... The game crashed, probably not to your surprise...

I got mad and sad. Instead of trying to fiddle with the 'db' lines I then only changed the adresses and skadoosh, it worked.

Now, ahead of time I'm concerned with the more complicated scripts having all these fancy opcodes and neat mumbo-jumbo. If they need replacing or the bits such as db 55 8B EC that over time got changed within the same kind of script, I wonder how that's done.

TL;DR
    I'm curious how to update more complicated scripts
    Feel free to hit me up in DMs about discord or such.

Any help is greatly appreciated,
    /Levinski

comicals likes this.

Mr. Ad Advertisement

2. breadkillker

breadkillker Hong Kong Lurker

Stats
    I also have no idea how to get the value fallowing "db" and how to get or update the AOBs because I just begin to learn how to update the scripts in few days ago.
    Btw, Learn the Assembly Language and Auto Assembler will help you to understand the scripts.
    I want to give you a link about Auto Assembler but I am still new in GK so I can't post a link because of the rules of GK,
    but you can search "Cheat Engine:Auto Assembler" in google, the first result is what I want to give you.
    And you can check out the other pages in that link, it's all about CE.

Hope this help.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2018
    Levinski likes this.
  3. Raniel

Raniel United States Premium Premium

Stats
    Thank you so much for redirecting me to your post!! Will read it after work! Appreciate it brother!

4. Raniel

Stats
    I found it! but how did you find the C2 thingy? thank you!

Last edited: Dec 1, 2018
  5. Levinski

Stats
    I looked at the 199.4 version of the script, it had that from the get-go.

I'm trying to educate myself with whatever resources there are to understand how this all works in the first place, pointers and whatnot :'d
    So I guess you could say I just got lucky on that part.

Raniel likes this.
  6. Raniel

Stats
    I been fiddling with numbers since this morning i came up with the same DB # like yours. the address wise. I used all address after "following call" but nothing happens. it doesnt crash it just dont work even i tick it. what could i be doing wrong? what address can you came up with so its godmode without getting dc? sorry if im asking too much! enlighten me

7. Levinski

Stats
    Hmm I guess it's not super obvious in my post but when you follow the call, you should rightclick the address it sends you to in the top bit of the memory viewer and rightclick -> go to adress and copy that address from the small popup.
    Then use that address to replace the old ones.

I dont mind, just not sure its 100% the way to go on about it, is all.

8. Alonxoo

Alonxoo Peru Lurker

Stats
    I am a beginner in programming. I have only been able to update the GodMode and the Freeze.

9. Raniel

Stats
    I kinda get what he meant. can you enlighten me how you found the right address for the god mode? i been trying to Copy paste follow address and still crashing or not doing anything after tick

10. Raniel

Stats
    Yes sir! thanks for the help! this is what i exactly did and still cant find the correct address for some reason.. Theyre all the same it goes from 140 - 145 then going up is the C2 04 00 Code but those "addresses" makes the game crash

11. Alonxoo

Alonxoo Peru Lurker

Stats
    Boss GodMode
    [ENABLE]
    012D3FA6:
    mov eax,1

[DISABLE]
    012D3FA6: // E8 ? ? ? ? 83 C4 ? C3 CC E8 ? ? FF FF 50 E8 ? ? ? FF 83 C4 ? C3 CC E8 ? ? FF FF 50 [FIRST]
    call 009B4DA0 // update

12. Alonxoo

Alonxoo Peru Lurker

Stats
    GodMode

[ENABLE]
    025D1640:
    db C2 30 00

[DISABLE]
    db 55 8B EC