So much happened here.

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat & Community Discussion' started by NHK, Jun 4, 2020.

1. NHK

NHK United States Game Killer

Stats
    Man,

There's so much stuff that happened here. So many fights, drama, cliques, making art, playing games together, prank calling people, and man. So much bro, this was an escape for many of us with problems in real life. Became friends because of.. maplestory and talking madddd shit lmao. Just extremely dumb teens doing extremely dumb things.

I just wanted to write to my friends and enemies of a decade ago because things are not looking great lately and I don't want to go out without making my peace.

I just want you guys to know that every one of you old members are a fond memory to me. I am sorry to those that I bullied and made you feel small. That was not okay, whatever the context was. Really, I am sorry to have hurt your feelings in the way I did as a kid. I know most of it was for shits and giggles and we were having fun. But there's gotta be a few that got their day genuinely ruined because of the shit I used to say.

I'm trying to make peace now and not just by words. I'm out there in the protests, peacefully protesting, and trying to protect businesses from looters. Things are getting dangerous. I'm not particularly political because I have friends and family from both ends of the aisle. I just want people to be treated fairly and I want the violence to stop. I also want to stop businesses and people being harmed from the justified anger by the angry mob and people. They're just so angry and things are insane, they completely lose sight of what's ahead of them. Just in case I literally die or some shit, just wanted to make my peace.

I'll see you guys out there. If you liked me or looked up to me in any way, listen, things are simple. Treat people fairly and give them a listen. The violence isn't okay so if you're brave enough, join me, protest for equal rights but also don't participate in the violence. Do not think of this as police vs the people thing or any of that. Simply think of it as, do what you can to get equal rights as well as, protect your city from being burned to the ground by doing what you can.

Much love,
    near/NHK.

p.s. stop blocking traffic, it pisses people off and some people will literally run you over.
    p.p.s if you do not have the ability to protect businesses do not try to do it on your own, find a partner
    p.p.p.s when trying to protect a business what i recommend is using your giant wooden sign that you used during the protest as a shield. Don't try to use weapons, the protesters may think you're a person trying to kill them. I use my giant sign because it defuses the looters as well as gives me the ability to protect businesses. It's non-threatening.

Stay safe.

Naruto1113, 0HITK0, Crucial and 7 others like this.

Mr. Ad Advertisement

2. Raymond

Raymond United States Game Killer

Stats
    I joined this forum at 12. Now I'm 23 with daughters. Time FLIES its literally been 11 years since I first joined and I can't believe some guys are still around. I live in NYC so It's pretty rough out here. Was going to move to Long Island but property taxes are too high to make it worth dealing with the racism. Moving to Texas in a month got a new opportunity over there so I'm excited. Goodluck with your protests and stay safe. I've donated to bail funds but haven't gone out there in fear I won't make it back to my kids. I think it's time for a cleanse and that was just the tip of the iceberg.

Hardkore, Naruto1113 and Kiwi like this.
  3. DeadCode

DeadCode Canada Nos omnes et in hoc saecu

Stats
    [​IMG]

Much love, and good luck in your protests!

Hardkore, Naruto1113 and Kiwi like this.
  4. Achoron

Achoron United States 【エネ】

Stats
    It's kind of funny how many years ago we all joined this forum pretending to be adults sometimes, but as time flies and we actually grew into adults we realized how nice things were back in the day.

Thankfully I've had it decent for the last couple of years, though I'd wish better, but not too bad. Scared of the things that are going on around the world and how uncertain tomorrow looks. No matter how many years go by and no matter how irrelevant this site becomes the further on I go, I always come back because I owe so much to this site. Without it I would've never met quite possibly the best friend I've ever made in my life. My little side project was able to become a reality thanks to this person and I owe a ton to this site for letting me learn many useless things which eventually became tons of useful. We may all have had our little rivalries, our little immature rhetoricals, or even random hurt feeling toward each other from time to time, but in the end, we were part of this beautiful generation on this site, and I will always remember them.

Good luck out there mate, don't get yourself hurt, don't get yourself killed, and continue doing what you think is best.

5. [TGKC] SeanWithACapitalS

[TGKC] SeanWithACapitalS Canada Ayy lmao

Stats
    I remember you flamed me once I think on TinyChat (GameKiller went through a phase of hosting rooms on it). I can't remember how or why but you apologized really fast and thought I was pretty offended by it when I was just treating it as banter since you were part of The Men at the time.

I'm pretty sure you were one of the only people I liked in that user group and can't remember interacting much with you after that. I met a lot of great people on here, both some that I've partied/ done stuff with IRL and spent hundreds of hours gaming with others that don't live close to me. It's very unprecedented times we are living in now, luckily I'm in Canada and the riots/protests are non-existent here unless it's a major urban center still is very tragic though.

Glad you're getting out into your community and making a difference even if it doesn't feel like that right now.

I hope you're also doing well yourself, correct me if I'm wrong but I thought you posted a few years back saying metal health-wise things weren't well for you at the time. I'm always here to help ANY game killer user with anything (personal stuff ect) some of my best friends I've meet off this site and it had a huge impact on my coming of age too since i first joined at like 16-17 y/o

I'm glad that site has worked out for you, I remember reading the Doujin reader when you first launched it (after you msning or skyping me a bunch to try it out lmao) and I think a manga one. You along with HardKore got me into anime/manga even when at the time I thought I never would pick it up.

Naruto1113, Kiwi and DeadCode like this.
  6. DeadCode

Stats
    Why don't we do an old-fags-only discord server to catch up?

Naruto1113, Kiwi and Achoron like this.
  7. Achoron

Achoron United States 【エネ】

Stats
    I'd love to see that actually. I remember years ago I went through a weird phase and I killed my skype and I lost touch with everyone. I truly wonder where the heck most of you people are today.

DeadCode likes this.
  8. Kiwi

Kiwi United States

Stats

DeadCode likes this.
  9. Who?

Who? United States is followed by "what?"

Stats
    I feel you. I didn't picture being where I am now back when I joined this forum. MapleStory was a huge escape for me, and having found this place made it an even bigger escape for me. I have a lot of good memories from this website, and that's so weird to admit. My buddies would laugh if they ever knew this was a huge part of my life, but it was. I've been many things in my life, and The Man was one of them.

If any of you are in San Diego or So Cal, hit me up. We'll have a beer, a smoke, and talk shit.

oomitkooo likes this.
  10. DeadCode

Stats
    Join the discord!

[​IMG]

11. [TGKC-3]Cavin

[TGKC-3]Cavin Canada Game Killer

Stats
    Hey man, do you remember me dawg?

12. Memoriam

Memoriam Canada Game Killer

Stats
    If you need someone to talk to, shoot me a message. I'll turn on email notifications.

13. sweetim

sweetim Norway The New Guy

Stats
    RIGHT!! Feel you, so many stupid teens doing stupid stuff not really caring if it had any harmful effects. Hopefully, you find that peace you're looking for o7

14. Deathstar

Deathstar United States Game Killer

Stats
    Looking back, we were some pretty big assholes, eh? If it makes you feel any better, I hold no grudge against you.

15. Shanezxzx

Shanezxzx Singapore Lurker

Stats
  16. 0HITK0

0HITK0 Canada Veteran Hacker

Stats
    Same - old timer reporting in for the first time in a while. I think I was among the few who followed GK from it's first iteration (can't remember the name, but I believe GK was either the 2nd or 3rd iteration after the previous forums went down). I think one of the original forums was called nexonkiller or something like that.

I was still in elementary school when GK started up, and now I'm halfway through a graduate degree. I was mostly a lurker on these forums - but had the enjoyment of witnessing everything you mentioned. Above all, I enjoyed how active and enthusiastic the GK community was in those days.

Just noticed that my profile and signature pictures are both missing lol... I doubt anyone would remember them, though. I picked up an interest in graphic design through the GFX forums here, and made some really crappy shit back in the day. My signature here featured hollowfied Ichigo Kurosaki from Bleach, and was made by following one of the GK Photoshop tutorials a couple weeks after I first saw Ichigo's hollow form in the anime. Shit was hype af yo

I can't really remember the names of anyone from the old days, unfortunately. Ace (?) might be the only one. I'm trying to remember the username of another monumental figure in the community from back then - he/she was something like a moderator, had a fist or something as a profile picture, and I think had something hip-hop or rap-related in their signature. Would be cool if someone could remind me of their name.

Lastly, thanks for reminding me of GK and Maplestory. The days I spent growing up with this community were incredibly precious and I have, and will, cherish those memories forever. I'm glad to hear that the community is still active.

Best,
    0HITK0

Naruto1113 likes this.