Soon to be my new computer

Discussion in 'PC Support' started by kidk13, Feb 13, 2014.

1. Nietzsche

Nietzsche United States Боже, форум храни!

Stats
    Do me a favor.
    Post a link to a NUC with a Haswell i5, a 4gb or 8gb 1600 MHz DDR3 SO-DIMM kit, and a 500gb 2.5" Seagate or Toshiba SSHD.
    Chrome on Android keeps autorefreshing my tabs when I tab out and back in and therefore gets rid of my links. It's really fucking obnoxious and I need to figure out how to disable that...

Mr. Ad Advertisement

2. AdKuro

AdKuro Game Killer

Stats

i5 Nuc -

8GB SODIMM RAM 1 MODULE -

500GB 2.5" Seagate SSHD -

Just put the first ram and sshd i saw.

3. Nietzsche

Stats
    Ey, there we go! Cheaper than that Overstock thing, better performing than that Overstock thing, and in a nice form factor. And to think that the only assembly that has to be done is sticking the RAM and harddrive in.

If you do the twitch thing, don't forget about my PSA:

4. AdKuro

AdKuro Game Killer

Stats
    The Nuc has vesa mounting so you can mount that little thing on the back of your screen, how badass is that!

Lol standoffs is the first thing to go on then the I/O plate.

5. Nietzsche

Stats
    My dream:

I'll have a server/badass PC sit somewhere hooked up (preferably via direct attach copper, but I'll settle for Cat6A) to a router. Also attached to this system will be a gigabit Powerline adapter.

Elsewhere in the house, I have NUCs behind TV's and monitors. They get network and power from a wall outlet. I connect a gaming controller to one either wired or wirelessly via Bluetooth, and I have Steam In-home Streaming working as a slave on the NUC and a master on the server.

In addition to that, I'll have some NAS system, and the NUCs wilk work as media terminals.

6. AdKuro

AdKuro Game Killer

Stats
    Now that would be truly amazing. Fuck I can picture that.

I just want to be able to access my computer from everywhere in my house. Everything just perfectly in sync.