Tips on How to NOT Get Banned While Hacking

Discussion in 'ELSWORD NA Tutorials & Guides' started by OneStep, Apr 27, 2013.

1. OneStep

OneStep United States Prominent Hacker

Stats
    Tips on How to NOT Get Banned While Hacking
    [HR][/HR]
    Excerpt from my thread. I thought I should make a separate post for this since it is an important issue and everyone seems to be paranoid about getting banned. If anyone has anything else to add, feel free to leave a comment and let me know. :)

Note: I cannot guarantee that you will not be banned, as using hacks of any kind, at any time, and under any circumstances poses a risk of getting caught and banned. These tips can only help you reduce the chances of that happening.

Avoid the use of hacks in Henir Challenge mode. Refrain from hacking in Challenge mode as you'll be banned eventually. This is because your fast clear time (usually 7-9 minutes with Dmg Hack or Auto-Kill) will be recorded on the Board for the entire Elsword population to see, including the GMs. Your character's name will also be announced like a megaphone upon clearing the dungeon. Henir NORMAL mode is much safer. Besides, Challenge mode and Normal mode will give you the SAME reward (60 "Piece of Time and Space").

Avoid the use of hacks in PVP
    . Refrain from hacking in PVP as many people have been getting banned from doing so.

Avoid the use of hacks while in a party with anyone you don't completely trust. Even if they say they won't report you. All it takes is for one person to take a screenshot of you hacking, report it to Customer Support, and your account will be investigated. Customer Support in Elsword is insanely fast so don't think that reports against you will go unnoticed.

Scan the map for GMs. If you didn't already know, a GM does not have to be in a dungeon with you to ban you. While you're outside, take a look around to see if there is a GM nearby. If so, find another place to go or change channels. Note: Just because there isn't a GM in the map, it doesn't mean you're 100% safe from getting banned. Hacking of any kind poses a risk of getting banned at any time.

Don't use a hacker-obvious name. Seriously. If you call your character "iHackPr0lulz," or even "fghskjalsg," people will suspect you.

Don't go around telling everyone that you hack. Self-explanatory.

Avoid mailing/trading large amounts of ED between characters. These can be traced. You could be mistaken for a gold farmer and you may be temporarily trade-blocked. Worst case scenario: Your account is investigated due to suspicious item transfers and you are found to have been hacking.

Stand within crowds while in the village map.
    People are less likely to see you, whatever you're doing. Since you are hacking, your character is probably completely naked to avoid your equipment's durability from decreasing. If you hide within a crowd of people, people won't see your undies and suspect anything. ;)

Make your party private, especially when entering dungeons above your level.
    I don't know about you guys, but when I see a Lv 10 create a Henir party and suddenly disappear (meaning he started the dungeon), I instantly think it's a hacker. Try to get into the habit of doing this u
    nless of course there's no one else in the village to see you.

Sell small quantities of an item at a time. So you farmed 2000 Henir cubes, huh? That's the equivalent of running Henir 3 times a day on three characters for over a year. If you sell that many at a time, the first thing people will suspect is either a) You're a merchant, bought loads of them for cheap, and are selling for profit, or b) You're a hacker. Most likely they will think the latter. Remember, a lot of people are aware of what the latest hacks for Elsword can do.

Avoid under-pricing your items by large amounts.
    Search up the item(s) you plan on selling on the Board. See how much other people are selling them for. If, for example, people are selling Henir cubes in the 1.1m~1.5m range, sell yours for 1m (try not to lower the lowest price on the board by more than 10%). If you start selling stacks of cubes for ~900k/ea, people will suspect that you're a hacker.

Don't reveal your in-game name on hack forums, including GameKiller. Keep in mind that hundreds of people visit this site everyday. There are probably 30+ people viewing the Elsword section right now, any of whom can screw you over and report you. GMs and other Elsword moderators visit this site also.

[HR][/HR]
    The best advice I can really give you is to use common sense. Don't do anything that will cause any suspicion. Blend in with the crowd. Play legit from time to time. Most importantly, DON'T HACK IN HENIR CHALLENGE MODE.

[HR][/HR]
    "If common sense is so common, why are there so many people without it?"

Last edited: Apr 27, 2013
    akatzuke and xloob123 like this.

Mr. Ad Advertisement

2. seaempire

seaempire Informed Hacker

Stats
    Do your hack in an alternat acccount is the best advice ahah :D

3. LoneRage

LoneRage The New Guy

Stats
    aight thx for the info cause 1 i never was close to a crowd so ill try sticking by the board where there is lots of ppl

4. MangoPie

MangoPie Fanatic Hacker

Stats
    Um. So if you are mailing large amounts, u might want to change ur IP address while u mail. So they cant track u down and IP ban u.
    U prolly need 2 accs for it tho.

1. Send from alt to another alt acc using ur old IP address.
    2. change IP address.
    3. Send from the alt that has the cubes to ur main.
    4. *optional* change IP address while playing on main.

-shrugs- just a suggestion. Got that idea from another thread about something like this.
    -cough- tyvm seaempire. c:

5. LoneRage

LoneRage The New Guy

Stats
    is GoD hacking safe

6. OneStep

Stats
    You know how GoD is only accessible for an hour at a time? Legitimately, you would only be able to complete it 4-5 times maximum in that hour. If you hack using Monster Vac and Dmg Hack, you'll be clearing it WAY too fast, and end up finishing GoD like 15~20 times an hour. THAT can get you banned.

So if you are hacking in GoD, I recommend you DON'T use Monster Vac, Dmg Hack, or Auto-Kill. If anything, only use God Mode, and HP/MP hack. Also, be careful who you party with. God Mode and HP/MP hack are pretty obvious, and if your teammates catch you, they could easily record a video/take a screenshot to report you.

7. LoneRage

LoneRage The New Guy

Stats
    so basiclly if i clear GoD only 1-14 or 1-10 time's would i be safe and i make sure i clear withing 11:50 minutes thats the usual time i finish it without hacks. and 1 more thing i don't realy think some people read the forums cause there may be less people doing henir challenge but there's at least 1-10 people a day doing henir challenge solo

Last edited: Apr 28, 2013
  8. OneStep

Stats
    Even 10 times is a lot. I find that I'm only able to legitimately do like 5 or 6 runs in an hour maximum.

And yes, despite the risks, there are always going to be a few idiots who hack in Henir Challenge, even after they've been warned of the consequences. They may not be banned today but they will be very soon, I can guarantee you that. Even some of the people who cleared Henir Challenge (solo & party) LEGITIMATELY have been banned out of suspicion. The first time I hacked in Henir Challenge (no one warned me :(), I thought I was safe. Then one day later I was banned. It's really a death trap.

9. frichen

frichen United States The New Guy

Stats
    It should've have been common sense to avoid using hack for henir challenge. Not only does it record your time, but also display to everyone that you have completed. Sorry for being harsh, but those who did it, deserved the ban.

10. MangoPie

MangoPie Fanatic Hacker

Stats
    Tbh. I've hacked GoD before. Basically because of the monster spawn speed, I doubt there is a way to finish 6+ runs in 1 hr.

Easiest way that I do it (I can get around 4-5 runs continuously like a normal team, however solo.)

1. Check HP (or GoD. No difference to me), MP and Dmg hacks. Leave Monster Vac there.
    2. Run to the back beside. A bit away from the crystal.
    3. Check monster vac every once in a while and just kill those mobs and uncheck it.
    (For some reason, Monster vac takes in the crystal as well so u'll be moving backwards as u have it checked. I suggest u leave it unchecked. And check it once in a while)
    Simply and easily, finish it with damage hack, monster vac hack, etc. Though again, because of their spawn speed. I dont see why people can fit so many runs into 1 hr.

11. seaempire

seaempire Informed Hacker

Stats
    Well there is a gm event now, dungeon run with gm XD. Like 1 per channel per field. So stay away from there !!

12. LoneRage

LoneRage The New Guy

Stats
    lol i chek my surrondings good b4 i do something

13. Exilerate

Exilerate The New Guy

Stats
    Another thing that a lot of people over see is the use of hack for leveling in the game. I now know why that random message pops up when you try to switch characters talking about "hacking detected". If you think about it on average you complete dungeons at around 5 min+ with a party, but when you hack and solo it bumps it down to about 2-3 minutes. This results in people getting exp at a rate half of that of another running dungeons without the hack. I am guessing Elsword detects this exponential gain of exp in such a low amount of time. I am guessing your account, rather than being banned on the spot, will just be checked for suspicion and if that's the case then they can ban you.

Now this has happened to me twice where I have tried to switch characters and I get that message for detection of hacking. I then thought about it and that was when I did runs at a slower rate (not too slow but not too quick either) and I have yet to get the message again. Again it's all on the preference of the person, but if you do not want to run the risk of getting banned try to dungeon more consciously.

Note** If you get that hacking detected message go change your username and password immediately. I do not know why, but I read somewhere this is what you should do to reduce the risk of potential ban. I followed this advice and I have yet to get banned even after getting that message twice.

14. ShadowSteps

ShadowSteps Veteran Hacker

Stats
    Hey One I dont think that the GM's detect you -.-
    I was running when a GM was near (had my Hack Activated and he didn't do nothing), plus I talked a bit with him lol
    Im trying all what people had been saying that gives you a giant boom and as far as I had been trying I have not get banned or got X-Trap reported, thought some I wont try because of common sense .-.

- - - Updated - - -

Hummm after reading this I think Im an alien because I leveled 2 level 20 in 1 hour in my alt account and I did it all in low time, no ban .-.

15. LoneRage

LoneRage The New Guy

Stats
    shadow its just for caution cause some GM's are lazy not checking and some are pro active and check alot but other then that exilerate my alt char lvl 37 got him to lvl 41 in less then 1hour and 30 minutes of dungeons then in da middle spar then secrets

16. ShadowSteps

Stats
    It was GM S***** .-. and ik he is not lazy (I think)

Last edited: Apr 29, 2013
  17. OneStep

Stats
    Remember, just because you aren't banned now it doesn't mean you won't be banned later. D: Bans aren't always instant, sometimes if your account is flagged for investigation it takes a few days.

18. ShadowSteps

Stats
    I think you are kind of wrong, X-Trap reports are the gun powder that can make the ban, I came to think this, GM's in the server (in that time) + X-Trap report program= Instant ban
    Sometimes X-Trap reports dont go to KC but when they do, you can be sure you will get instant ban :P
    Plus I think I found what makes people trigger X-Trap A LOT
    I always play in window mode, this makes me think that when you go to Full Screen the X-Trap system starts to analyze for hack of anytime (fails a lot, telling you this because I used to play S4 League [R.I.P old S4]) so it can do much if it can analyze (my personal opinion and works for me all day long)

19. OneStep

Stats
    Not all bans are automated by XTrap. Some of the things you do in-game can be monitored by GMs, and they'll do the banning themselves.

I don't know about Elsword, but on MapleStory, GMs can see if someone is doing abnormally high damage. I wouldn't be surprised if the GMs in Elsword could monitor suspicious dungeon clear times, abnormally high damage as well, or something along those lines.

20. ShadowSteps

Stats
    Man I sad not always
    but some of the bans form where people cry are the ones from X-Trap, GM's are very rare when they get you (The only thing Ik thats capable to detect you and rape you is CO Cuddles)
    Plus GM's have something like a hack for themselves and include things that Tiamat is working on as well Enchant level modifier and such.