[Tutorial] Remove Your iPhone Screen and Play With Your iPhone While the Screen is Nearly Off!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by LucaHacks, Dec 12, 2011.

1. LucaHacks

LucaHacks United States Prominent Hacker

Stats
    The tutorial was reposted, but please attempt at your own risk. It could ruin your iPhone if you don't know what you are doing.

Sorry about text tutorial, it was pictures, but they are all gone...

1) Remove screws from bottom of iPhone
    2) Choose from a way to remove the screen
    - 1) Place a screwdriver (Flat head) between the screen and the silver metal outside strip (Place screwdriver under the home button) and push down.
    - 2) Use a suction cup to lift the screen off (Easy to figure out)

To put it back on
    1) Align the top of the screen with the top of the iPhone
    2) Put the display cables back into their ports (Just align the cable and wiggle it around)
    3) Close the iPhone

It's hard to understand the tutorial without pictures, so if you don't know much about computers and devices, it will be really hard to put the screen back onto the iPhone.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2011

Mr. Ad Advertisement

2. rawrasaurus

rawrasaurus Informed Hacker

Stats
    Re: [Trick] Remove Your iPhone Screen and Play With Your iPhone While the Screen is Nearly Off!!

Is there a good reason to do this o-o, seems a little risky

3. LucaHacks

Stats
    Re: [Trick] Remove Your iPhone Screen and Play With Your iPhone While the Screen is Nearly Off!!

It came so close to completely destroying my iPhone. Do not try, right now my iPhone wouldn't turn on, but I finally got it to. Now it won't charge past 1% for some reason.
    EDIT: Ok, it's fully functional again. Don't try it anyway, it would scare me if I cared about my phone.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2011
  4. AirGK

AirGK United States Renown Hacker

Stats
    Re: [Tut-Removed] Remove Your iPhone Screen and Play With Your iPhone While the Screen is Nearly Off!!

Is your iPhone a tethered jailbreak? That could be a reason why or the app might have been not compatible with your firmware.

5. Aero

Aero United States Game Killer

Stats
    Re: [Tut-Removed] Remove Your iPhone Screen and Play With Your iPhone While the Screen is Nearly Off!!

Post the tutorial.

I have like dozens of old Iphones

6. rawrasaurus

rawrasaurus Informed Hacker

Stats

It wasn't an app, It was to remove the iPhone screen.

7. LucaHacks

Stats

:P Fine, I'll repost it if I can.