Ultimate guide to reduce lag

Discussion in 'MapleStory Tutorials & Guides Archive' started by Dionysus, May 4, 2011.

Discuss Ultimate guide to reduce lag in the MapleStory Tutorials & Guides Archive area at GameKiller.net

1. Dionysus

Dionysus Game Killer

Stats
    Hey guys, I'm going to show you guys how to reduce lag in most of your games.

STEP 1
    Download CCleaner. You can download it
    Once you finished downloading CCleaner, open it up and you should see a menu with many items to check. Check all of the items except for "Wipe Free Space"
    After that, click analyze then run cleaner. Go to Registry then Scan for Issues. Check all the issues and click fix selected issues. REMEMBER TO BACKUP YOUR REGISTRY FILES

[​IMG]

STEP 2
    Download Advance System Care Trial Version. You can download it . Activate it by entering one of the following keys:
    DFF7A-8204E-69ADE-0D5AA

After you have activated it, you should deep care your computer. After that, Turbo Boost your PC. Disable your windows theme in the Turbo Boost options.
    [​IMG]

STEP 3
    Download Gamebooster 2. You can download it .
    To activate it, use this key:

1C8D2-C2FB3-7CA4B-AFCB9

After you activated it, go to System Tweaks and make sure you put it on Top Performance. After that, click boost.
    [​IMG]

STEP 4
    Uninstall your useless programs! Cmon now, everyone has old programs or trials that they don't need anymore. If you don't use them, delete them! If it doesn't let you uninstall a program, use CCleaner to uninstall it!

STEP 5
    Go to Start>My Computer>Properties>Advanced>Performance>Settings. Choose the Custom option and uncheck every single box except for the last three.
    [​IMG]

Then go to the Advanced Tab and change your virtual memory. Divide the maximum size by 90%(NOT .9, 90%. Use your built in PC Calculator for help) and round it to the nearest hundred. Your answer will be your Initial Size
    For example, my Maximum Size is 4092. When I divide 4092 by 90% I get 3682.8. I then rounded that to 3700. That is now my Initial Size

[​IMG]

STEP 6
    Go to Start>My Computer>Right Click Local Disk C:>Properties>Tools>Defrag Now... Click Analyze then Defragment
    [​IMG]

STEP 7
    DELETE all your useless files and clean your PC from viruses!!! Disable xfire or any communication system(oovoo, skype, msn). Also, change your in game graphics settings to the lowest(If you are high-tech remove textures carefully).

STEP 8
    When you are in game, go to task manager, processes and terminate explorer.exe. Your icons should be missing but it improves your gameplay. If you want it back, go to task manager>file>new task and open explorer.exe again After you tried all these steps and you are still lagging, get a new Internet Service Provider!.

**Leaving comments, questions, or pictures would be greatB)

MYTH: Deleting your system32 folder will make your computer faster
    FACT: Deleting your system32 folder will screw up your system

Also, if I helped you, Press Thanks :D
    I will try to update this as much as i can.
    If you have any other methods, please leave a comment below and I will add it and give you credit

Last edited: Jun 2, 2011
    Queteimportactm likes this.

Mr. Ad Advertisement

2. karan95

karan95 Informed Hacker

Stats
    Sticky, por favor!

3. Dionysus

Dionysus Game Killer

Stats
    As soon as I get enough Beli

4. Anything

Anything Shiggy.

Stats
    Most of this is common sense but its so rare nowadays that its a god damn super power.

So nice job making this guide, it'll really help other MS hackers :D

5. Dionysus

Dionysus Game Killer

Stats
    Yea... most of its common sense but some people lack it. So I'm there to help. Mostly its just a compliation

Last edited: May 4, 2011
  6. trueday1337

trueday1337 United States Veteran Hacker

Stats
    Thanks a lot~!

7. Voc

Voc Banned banned

Stats
    Nice guide. I knew everything except for the gamebooster, does it really increase speed of gameplay? What's the size of the file?

8. Dionysus

Dionysus Game Killer

Stats
    Gamebooster is a vital tool most gamers know about. I'm not sure about the ize but it basically closes down unneeded process and defrags your game so you can get maximum performance

9. binso

binso Informed Hacker

Stats
    How do i use the program gamebooster?

10. Dionysus

Dionysus Game Killer

Stats
    Read the directions on step 3

11. Anything

Anything Shiggy.

Stats
    I lol'd :awe:
    you might wanna change it to FACT: Deleting your system32 folder will turn your computer into a paperweight.

12. oakmontowls

oakmontowls Veteran Hacker

Stats
    Gamebooster doesn't seem to do that much for me but still i think it doesn't something

13. Rider88

Rider88 Informed Hacker

Stats
    Does Gamebooster really help maplestory? When I use it it does not seems it helps too much.

14. Dionysus

Dionysus Game Killer

Stats
    Gamebooster works. Just don't go to over populated channels. It is only used for people who lag in maps where there are no people at all

15. Supervizor

Supervizor Mexico Veteran Hacker

Stats
    I will follow the guide and wait tmr to check how it works my PC.

Well only a question, in step 2 when u do the deep scan at final make the Defrag and step 6 its Defrag again???

btw Gamebooster dont help me in my case.. :(

Last edited: May 6, 2011
  16. Dionysus

Dionysus Game Killer

Stats
    Alright leaving feedback is very helpful so thank you

17. renold458

renold458 The New Guy

Stats
    Dude thats awesome! My laptop sucks ass but now it runs better in general not just for Maplestory.

18. Dionysus

Dionysus Game Killer

Stats
    Np xD im glad I helped. If you have any errors, just tell me, Ill fix it

19. lol555

lol555 Veteran Hacker

Stats
    Omg thank you so much! this actually works! I have no lag at all when I'm playing games! Thank you brah

20. Dionysus

Dionysus Game Killer

Stats
    No problem xD I'm glad I helped