Unsafe Settings List:

Discussion in 'MapleStory Global & Europe' started by DerpStone, Jun 25, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DerpStone

DerpStone United Kingdom Premium Premium

Stats
    Good morning all

I recently started using Terminal and found it difficult to see what settings (public at least) were 'safe' (or as safe can be) and definitively unsafe. Therefore, after some experimentation I can now confirm the following (to save you all the time and error):

The following settings pertaining to grinding specifically, are Unsafe and always cause AutoBans:

- Auto Aggro
    - Legit Vac
    - Mob Falldown

This can be in any mix of configurations of the three or on their own, the result is the same, and its not usually immediate either.

I can also sadly say I just got banned using Kami Vac & Auto Attack while beginning the grind on a Kanna.
    My offset was -30, -30 and I started to use Speedy Gonzales around level 30 as I had the damage to speed up the grind. I did note that many inidividuals stated Kami Vac was safe to use though my own experience now says otherwise. If however I have simply used Kami wrong, could someone using it without a ban please correct me, either privately or publicly.

Sincerest thanks

Mr. Ad Advertisement

2. DerpStone

Stats

3. DerpStone

Stats
    Can double confirm:

Just been banned on a second account, new character, using only Kami Vac and Auto Attack from the start. Even uses a fresh Settings document so nothing was 'checked' except those.

4. Andeiih

Andeiih Belgium King

Stats
    Not all bans are setting related. Most seem proxy/IP related for me.

5. DerpStone

Stats
    Oh?
    You suggesting the Kami Vac bans after were a result of IP tracking?
    As if to also suggest getting a Proxy, then Kami Vac from there will clean up the bans?

6. Yamineko

Yamineko United Kingdom Premium Premium

Stats
    nexon blacklists IP addresses that accounts get banned on for about 5 days, in case you didn't know. in this case, you can either wait 5 days for that proxy ip address to cool down, or just switch proxies

7. DerpStone

Stats
    This is good to know - I was not aware.

So if I return after the 5 day period and try again, Kami Vac / Auto Attack only, I should be good?

8. Yamineko

Yamineko United Kingdom Premium Premium

Stats
    you should be, but there is one other thing that you might need to be aware of, and that is the fact that nexon has started to blacklist certain class C subnets, so even if you let the proxy cooldown, if you're unlucky that proxy is under an abused subnet and might still ban you. this is much harder to predict and my opinion is that to mitigate this you need to find yourself a proxy provider that less people are using, and that you don't tell anyone where you're getting your proxies from.

yale likes this.
  9. DerpStone

Stats
    Wow, NEXON have really cracked down on Hacking. It was just a year ago when it was super easy to farm meso, grind chars for legion and other pasttimes of the like. Now the simplist things at the earliest stages seem clamped down on!

When did this tightening of the belt from Nexon occur?

10. Qybah

Qybah Belgium Not available until July 5th. SMOD

Stats
    I’d say september last year

11. unoobla

unoobla United Kingdom Premium Premium

Stats
    After I tried my 10 accounts yesterday, i am agree with you.
    My following settings are Unsafe and always cause AutoBans:

- Mob Falldown
    - No Knockback

Btw, I just changed my IP, and tried, i got still detected auto-ban, but at least its improving than I stucked at login page... Also, another proxy free trick i found 5 mins ago and it works by amending dynamic IP address to custom.

12. Teamviewer

Teamviewer Singapore Premium Premium

Stats
    When God Anna came

13. DerpStone

Stats
    Before I try, does anyone have a confirmed list of definite AUTO bans on Kanna in terms of Meso Farming.
    I dont need to know what ones are safe, just those that are not. I can then avoid those and experiment with everything else.

For example, do any of the settings in the Kanna dedicated section autoban?

14. DerpStone

Stats
    Okay, Ive just logged on and have had my Kanna banned.
    I actually played it completely legit with no settings up until 67. At which point I then added Auto Attack to summon Kishin every 3000ms to help level my main.

My main account curiously has not been banned.
    Any thoughts?

15. Skyview05

Skyview05 United States Premium Premium

Stats
    Just got banned with only using kami vac + auto attack (every 2000 ms). This is a first ban for me. I got to level 70. Was also in a small map to allow no significant tp around the map.

16. DerpStone

Stats
    Ohhh this is intriguing.

I made a new account and played legit on it for 4 days straight, and by legit I mean through the actual NEXON launcher. No issues at all.

As soon as I then transitioned over the Terminal do I could Dual Log for Kishin assistance I got banned within 2 hours.

I don't use proxy servers so I am assuming both the Nexon launcher time I spent and the 2 hour window of Terminal play is from the same IP.

Therefore isn't the conclusion that NEXON is detecting the bypass itself... So it isn't a setting in particular, simply using Terminal at all?

Anyone else got this yet?

17. Tariq

Tariq United States Big Daddy Premium

Stats
    @DerpStone now that you're vip can you create this in the premium section?

ETA: You might've been vip already when making this thread so in the future can you please use the premium forums?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.