Why I think Maple Reboot was so successful

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat & Community Discussion' started by cheunge, Sep 22, 2018.

Discuss Why I think Maple Reboot was so successful in the Chit-Chat & Community Discussion area at GameKiller.net

1. cheunge

cheunge United States The New Guy

Stats
    Hey Everyone,

I'm really into game design and I wrote a digest about Maple Reboot and its systems design philosophies:

Thoughts? What are your perspectives?

Also: Any interested onlookers here feel free to give me feedback on my . Any constructive feedback would be welcome as well.

Smiley,

Eldwin

Mr. Ad Advertisement

2. Mushrtotem

Mushrtotem United States The New Guy

Stats
    I'll have to give this a read when I'm home from work!

3. Size

Size United States ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Stats
    what are philosophies, is that like a disease or something ?

4. rushman7

rushman7 United States Trusted Seller ✓ Premium

Stats
    Maple Reboot wasn't successful though, so i don't see where your premise is.
    We live in a world where grinding/progress are looked at negatively because of it's consumption of time. Thats why games like Fortnite and League are successful because they throw you into the action and don't make you have to wait months before you can experience certain content.
    Maplestory, especially Reboot is nothing but a mindless meso grind. You sit there hours on end pressing the same buttons over and over on your kanna - thats it. Thats 90% of what Reboot has to offer. There's a reason I and many others make so much money off of people that choose to avoid farming and rather hack/pay for a service.

TLDR: You're wrong, Reboot is shit. Don't use "u" instead of "you" when blogging/writing an essay(Not to be offensive, just constructive feedback).

5. Kleptomaniac

Kleptomaniac Canada Vouched ✔ Premium

Stats
    You're only viewing population size as a metric for the measure of successfulness. In terms of profit, which is generally the most accepted measure of successfulness. I would say Reboot was quite successful. If Reboot didn't bring in any profit, why would it still exist?

6. rushman7

Stats
    Where would you get the data to back your claim that Reboot brings in profit? I'm sure it does but not enough to warrant "Success".

7. Kleptomaniac

Kleptomaniac Canada Vouched ✔ Premium

Stats
    Why would a publicly traded company keep open a server that doesn't increase profit? Shareholders depend on profit to receive dividends

8. rushman7

Stats
    I never said they don't make profit. I said they don't make profit to be "successful", which is the point of this thread. If you want to look at numbers take a look at their YTD. If a company wasn't hemorrhaging money, would their evaluation be where they're at?

9. PimpChimp

PimpChimp United States Go get me a coffee ya bum

Stats
    Does op have any nuthair?